I'm on an extended battery and my sprint 9650 barely makes it through the day. I'm so confused.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-11 12:05 AM
    Could also be that the Qualcomm SOC/RF circuitry they're using that handles the CDMA radio is simply more power efficient, plus these are just theoretical tests..when the device is released, we will know for sure if the CDMA version indeed has better standby time than the GSM version...from my experience, my 9650 gets WAYY better standby time on 2G GSM than CDMA.
    08-05-11 12:35 AM
    Could also be that the Qualcomm SOC/RF circuitry they're using that handles the CDMA radio is simply more power efficient, plus these are just theoretical tests..when the device is released, we will know for sure if the CDMA version indeed has better standby time than the GSM version...from my experience, my 9650 gets WAYY better standby time on 2G GSM than CDMA.
    Theoretical tests? I'm not 100% sure but I'd imagine these are actually real tests they put them through.

Also, couldn't the same argument be made for how 2G GSM gets better battery than 3G GSM?
    08-05-11 11:19 AM
    You may have won this round, but us GSM users will win the next!

Joking aside, that was pretty much expected.
    08-05-11 11:25 AM
    Surprise surprise. It seems CDMA may have won the battle on battery this time around. As a longtime CDMA BB user who always felt like the underdog to the superior GSM devices, I am even more excited to pickup my 9930.

Edit: Not only that. It seems they have even managed to exceed the battery ratings of the older Bold models in many areas. Even despite the largely upgraded processor and smaller 1230mah battery. Technology....
    Not to burst anyones bubbles here, but you realize the difference between 6.6 hours and 6.3 hours is 18 minutes?
    08-05-11 11:26 AM
    Well if thats the case I find it hard to believe that a GSM blackberry will get 14 Mbps down.
    you will need to change Carriers Verizon does not have HSPA+
    08-05-11 11:30 AM
    9800/9810 use a 1270mAh

9850/9860/9930/9900 use a 1230mah

Edit: If you look between the 9800 and 9810, they have identical batteries and yet talk time has increased / standby decreased between the upgrade. Only thing I could imagine is that it is a change in software coding or processor. Personally, I think it's a combination. They really must have optimized the **** out of them.

The new chips are made using a smaller silicon process giving a considerable power consumption advantage, so while in use they execute more with less power needed, I suspect the stand by time is in part due to the increased RAM, seeing as power must be maintained to the RAM to keep it active, more RAM means more battery consumption when not in use.
    08-05-11 11:36 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD