Which do you prefer? I have the 9930 just wondering if I made the right choice.
    01-30-12 09:21 PM
    I had the same question when I was buying. I have the 9930 as well.

I love the physical keyboard and touchscreen combo. It really depends on what your priorities are. The big screen on the 9850 is awesome, and the touch keyboard is actually not that bad after using it in the store. Build quality on both devices are great, and specs are pretty similar apart from the camera. So, if you want autofocus so much, you need to get the 9850.

I personally think that when BB10 comes out I will get the full touchscreen version, I do miss a big screen.
    01-30-12 09:26 PM
    Here's a thread I started a couple of days ago about just that.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9850-a-692805/

Two general things I will say a couple of days into the switch:

1. Messaging is easier on the Bold just because of all the key shortcuts and the tactile feel. For example riding in a car it is much easier to bang out messages. Less steps to do things in general. Efficient.

2. Web browsing is hands down better on the Torch. In landscape mode that extra screen real estate makes all the difference.

Both are awesome. Get both like me. Lol.
    01-30-12 09:40 PM
    heres why i got the 9900.

its THE iconic blackberry. anyone who sees it. its a blackberry FOR SURE. It is the one that wont go out of style (some people are still rocking the 9000 and it still looks 'bold' where as curves look cheap as they age).

We can go and discuss the specs all day and all night but this is a BOLD it is ICONIC it will age but it will still be recognized as a blackberry (and im sure if sold as used will have a higher price -- well i suppose).

Go BOLD or go home.

#BeBold 2012 : )

*this message is not sponsored by RIM or BlackBerry, however, if they would like to spend their marketing budget on me id be more than willing to accept any payments ...jk (half)*
    01-30-12 11:54 PM
    I started out with the 9850 and had it for several months, continously spent as much time correcting mistakes as I did the typing. Went to the 9930 a month ago, could not be any happier - best phone ever. I now look forward to any time having to type where as before always dreading it. I had the Storm series for several years too so was very use to a touch screen. The Bold is THE phone for me.
    01-31-12 06:05 AM
    I started out with the 9850 and had it for several months, continously spent as much time correcting mistakes as I did the typing. Went to the 9930 a month ago, could not be any happier - best phone ever. I now look forward to any time having to type where as before always dreading it. I had the Storm series for several years too so was very use to a touch screen. The Bold is THE phone for me.
    Very similar to me!

I started off with a 9530, upgraded to 9550 then upgraded to and am currently using to 9850. I liked the SurePress on the Storm, but I make a lot of errors with the Torch screen. My 9930 comes in today and I'm pretty excited to get off of the all-touch platform. I get stressed out when I have to type on my Torch, lol.
    01-31-12 06:56 AM
    My girlfriend has the 9850 & I have a 9930. Both are nice phones. For messaging and generally just getiting stuff done the 9930 wins due to the physical keyboard & shortcut keys. For web browsing, video & taking pictures the 9850 wins.

I guess it depends mainly on what you will use the phone for the most. For me the 9930 was the right choice but my girlfriend loves her 9850 because she mainly uses it for browsing, Facebook, etc.
    01-31-12 09:28 AM
    I have the 9850 and my wife just activated a 9930 we won through a Blackberry contest (THANK YOU BLACKBERRY!). As I have used the 9850 more, I have come to really like the larger screen. The typing isn't bad once I turned off the predictive typing that kept changing my words to what it thought I meant. I was sending out some strange messages! My wife loves the physical keyboard on the 9930, the best keyboard I've ever typed on. We've debated who gets what, but I think I'm sticking with my 9850. Both are great phones, and some of the best built hardware out there.
    04-24-12 10:04 AM
    It depends on how you're going to use it.My Bold 9930 is a great device. I like the combination of the touchscreen/keyboard. It's just a sharp sleek phone.
    04-24-12 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD