Very very major issue for someone who travels, once you have entered your user id and pwd in Blackberry ID, the SIM inserted at that time is locked to the phone. After that you cannot enter any other SIM, as when you change a sim the phone keeps asking for user id and pwd and refuses to accept the same even though you enter it correctly. And how do you make the phone accept the new sim ? Only one way, wipe the device. Since the last few months whilst travelling I have had to wipe the device umpteen times, can you imagine. This is probably a security feature of OS 7, but a curse for someone who has multiple Sim cards. Please try it and add ur comments to this thread. I have found a temp solution and that it, dont logonto app world and do not enter ur email id and pwd in the phone, in that case it accepts all sims. Ridiculous. I have another thread on BB forums where many others have somplained of similar problems, Re: BB ID problem when changing sim card on bold 9... - Page 2 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    10-18-11 10:36 PM
    MMm. i think you have some problem with your phone, i have a BB 9900 with the leaked os 440, and i have three sims, different companies, and when i change sim, always ask for my BB ID password, i put my password and thats it, boot with all my data intact
    10-18-11 11:13 PM
    I tried to login even with a sim card with no internet and no wifi where i am, and it worked... i think is a problem with your software version or something!
    10-19-11 02:09 PM
    When I first setup my 9900, T-mobile mapped the four numbers I ported to different SIM cards than what they told me and I had already set them all up for service on the data side. So I moved all of the SIMs around so the right phone had the right phone numbers. I was given a message about changing the SIM and I think asking if I wanted to associate this one with the device and replied yes, and that was it and everything still worked. I don't have another carrier SIM to see what happens when I try that though.
    10-19-11 03:19 PM
    You bring up a good point, I think it has to do with the software version .
    10-19-11 07:50 PM
    This problem is well known and have a discussion on the official support forums of Blackberry.
    It seems that RIM should bring an update to fix that issue.
    10-19-11 11:04 PM
    I tried to login even with a sim card with no internet and no wifi where i am, and it worked... i think is a problem with your software version or something!
    I have version 440 loaded at the moment. Please believe me it is not a isolated problem there are many of us in the same boat.
    10-19-11 11:43 PM
    It might be connected to the OS. or to the coming changes regarding the BIS 4.1
    I don't experience any issues concerning the change of the SIM card. And the bonus is, your emails keep coming without interruption...
    KB28226-New Features of BlackBerry Internet Service 4.1
    10-20-11 01:29 AM
    It might be connected to the OS. or to the coming changes regarding the BIS 4.1
    I don't experience any issues concerning the change of the SIM card. And the bonus is, your emails keep coming without interruption...
    KB28226-New Features of BlackBerry Internet Service 4.1
    Witam Piotr, Which sims have you tried changing ? Have u changed any SIM card which is not from Poland ?
    10-20-11 01:54 AM
    Witam Piotr,
    Dzień dobry :-)

Which sims have you tried changing ?
    'Usual' Play PL changed to another Play PL changed to Orange PL

Have u changed any SIM card which is not from Poland ?
    Nope, as I don't have any around.
    10-20-11 02:07 AM
    Dzień dobry :-)

'Usual' Play PL changed to another Play PL changed to Orange PL

Nope, as I don't have any around.
    The problem occurs when you travel. I have Orange PL chip and it works fine. But when I leave Poland and reach another country the phone will not accept that chip. Inside Poland my telephone accepts all Polish SIM Cards but does not accept any SIM card which is not from Polish carrier.
    10-20-11 03:33 AM
    This problem is well known and have a discussion on the official support forums of Blackberry.
    It seems that RIM should bring an update to fix that issue.
    Can u please post a link to the discussion as I couldnt find it, thanks.
    10-20-11 03:34 AM
    Im currently in Mexico, i have 3 simcards, one from Telcel (Mexico), Iusacell (Mexico), and an O2 (UK) Sim cards, i changed sim cards from one to another, also i disabled wifi, and when i change sim cards my phone asks my bbid password, it took like 10 seconds and then it works!

I dont know whats happening with other people!
    10-21-11 05:24 PM
    Im currently in Mexico, i have 3 simcards, one from Telcel (Mexico), Iusacell (Mexico), and an O2 (UK) Sim cards, i changed sim cards from one to another, also i disabled wifi, and when i change sim cards my phone asks my bbid password, it took like 10 seconds and then it works!

I dont know whats happening with other people!
    Have you travelled outside of mexico, say to the UK and then tried using the UK card. If that works, then maybe you are one of the few lucky ones. Also can you please check which version software you have on your BB , thanks ?
    10-21-11 09:31 PM
    Never had that problem, but i faced a similar problem, you can just disable wifi and mobile network before swap simcards, and all will be ok,

Mauricio
    10-30-11 03:04 PM
    Having same problem with a sim from aircel (india) and one from Tim (italy).
    Until two weeks ago, no problem at all. Now I am facing the Problem.
    11-22-11 09:45 AM
    I found the best solution to the problem. Dumped my 9900 in favour of my Torch using OS6 and have never been happier. Stay away from OS7, all people having multiple sim cards
    11-22-11 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD