I'm still on my Curve 8900 awaiting its release on AT&T!

Thanks!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-11 01:49 PM
    can we PLEASE see some sample pictures from the device??? I want to see how good the camera is.
    07-12-11 03:56 PM
    can we PLEASE see some sample pictures from the device??? I want to see how good the camera is.
    Here's a pic of my new baby. Just got her last night. Taken with the 9900

07-12-11 09:12 PM
    Here's a pic of my daily runabout. Just picked her up today. Taken with the 9900 outside my castle

07-12-11 09:26 PM
    Here's a pic of my daily runabout. Just picked her up today. Taken with the 9900 outside my castle

Hilarious!
    07-12-11 09:32 PM

You're a joke, Phillip. You don't have to believe that's my new ride or not.

Btw, I like your castle, hotshot

07-12-11 09:35 PM
    Only joking with ya G14. Nice Aston, and nice phone... jealous of both mate!

07-12-11 09:42 PM
    interesting that the exif data from your pic says it was taken with a 9700....
    07-12-11 09:45 PM
    I would like to see some new hands on vids personally. Take the edge off lol.
    07-12-11 09:52 PM
    interesting that the exif data from your pic says it was taken with a 9700....
    I don't know why it would say that. The only reason I can think of is that my user name on photbucket is jordan9700..

07-12-11 09:56 PM

Sorry it was raining but I think the phones camera is doing quite nicely. And I wasn't even holding the phone at the time since I was driving. I hope that didn't mess up my NDA.
    07-12-11 09:56 PM
    to the Photo takers

Anychance we can see a non compressed version
    I'd assume on the 9900 it would be around 2584 x 1936 in size

Thank you
    07-12-11 10:03 PM
    to the Photo takers

Anychance we can see a non compressed version
    I'd assume on the 9900 it would be around 2584 x 1936 in size

Thank you
    I'll try my best soldier

07-12-11 10:24 PM
    I'll try my best soldier

Thank you!

Basically I want to compare it to my Torch

I wish I was more of a shutter bug so I could say what to do to test the new lens vs Auto focus
    07-12-11 10:44 PM
    Thank you!

Basically I want to compare it to my Torch

I wish I was more of a shutter bug so I could say what to do to test the new lens vs Auto focus
    I have a feeling the 9900 won't take close up shots as well so that might be a good test imo.

07-12-11 11:50 PM
    How about downloading from the internet, BB App World etc.
    does the download throttle (as in speed up, stop, slowdown) as my 9780 does?
    07-12-11 11:55 PM
    To me, Blackberry cameras have all suffered from the same basic problem: less than impressive contrast, which gives the photos a slightly dull, washed out quality. The few I've seen taken with the 9900 are good, but still have a similar problem, as compared to say the iPhone 4. That's not to say they wouldn't respond well to a little external tweaking, say in Lightroom. The "pro-contrast" filter in Nik's excellent Color Efex Pro would make them pop considerably. But face it, who wants to process phone pics outside of their phone? This is not really why I take phone pics - mainly I use my phone camera for "practical" reasons, or to post something wacky I've seen onto Facebook. So it's not that much of a big deal to me - it would just be nice if they were better "out of the box," i.e. BB's internal processing should be better.

Heck even my fantastic Leica point and shoot delivers RAW files with weak contrast occasionally. But it doesn't matter, because they respond perfectly to the tweaking I do in Lightroom. But I'm not going to start importing cellphone pics into my Lightroom catalog lol.

Of course there is a solution. Just port Hipstamatic over to the Blackberry, and then every dayum photo everyone posts on Facebook will have that identical Ina's 1969 look and nobody will know the difference.
    07-13-11 12:01 AM
    I have a feeling the 9900 won't take close up shots as well so that might be a good test imo.
    Agreed. The PB and 99xx supposedly use the same camera. Here is a slightly distant picture taken with my PlayBook vs a close up.

07-13-11 12:13 AM
    just to throw in my two cents, my tour used to take decent pictures. My Droid X has a 8mp camera but it doesn't take impressive shots. There are some pictures from the tour that looks so much better than my DX shots. plus, the gingerbread update messed up the camera a bit. It's a bit fuzzy and blurry.
    07-13-11 12:15 AM
    You're a joke, Phillip. You don't have to believe that's my new ride or not.

Btw, I like your castle, hotshot

That's Bijan's (RIP) Bugatti.
    07-13-11 12:54 AM
    I'm on the fence about upgrading to a 9900 as I've only had my 9780 for four or five months after moving on from the 9700 which I damaged by dropping it into a sink full of water. I really like the 9780 and have no major problems with it aside from seeing the hourglass often when doing any media stuff which I hate.

I would really consider doing the 9900 if I knew that the hourglass is next to non-existent.

I also am curious as to how the 9900 handles pdf attachments - particularly larger pdf documents. Are the documents readable? Is navigating pdf documents smooth? Easy to do?
    07-13-11 01:00 AM
146 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD