I want one of the new phones but I want the one that will serve my music needs first with my new dre beat headphones

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-11 07:59 PM
    I have the 9930, but i think both would be the same as far as playing music. Where you may run into a problem is with the headphones themselves. I have the Solo HD and the Studio, the Solo HD works fine with my 9930. The Studio using the black talk cable only played in one ear and I'm able to talk as well. I switched to the red cable, audio only, and the music just played through the phone. Can't speak on the Pros, don't have those yet.
    09-06-11 08:51 PM
    okay, well... you currently have a 9800. so, do you use the dre beat headphones with it? if so, you can expect a very similar experience, if not identical.

i also used a 9800, i recently upgraded to the 9810 and i love this new phone. i also listen to music on my blackberry, but i do not own "dre beat" headphones. however, i am sure if you use your headphones with a 9810, you will probably enjoy it.

is there something special required for "dre beat" headphones aside from the regular headphone jack available on all blackberry's? if not, then you should be okay, regardless of what blackberry form factor you end up choosing.

good luck and have fun!
    09-06-11 09:33 PM
    all the new form factors are going to have bb7 and the same media experience throughout. so, it is really just a matter of what device you choose.

9810 is outstanding. but that is because i actually love the torch form factor. it is awesome, especially if you like torch 9800
    09-06-11 09:37 PM
    I use beats studios on my 9800, and like blazeon420 said above, the black cable works, i do get both ears though.(the red cable doesnt work on my studios, and didn't work with my solos either).

and news from an "insider" is that they are aware of this issue and that they are making a new cable that will work with all the phones, and that, for any previous owners, will be available for purchase.
    09-07-11 01:18 AM
    I use Studios on my 9800 and both the red and black cables work. Haven't tried taking a call with the cable with the mic though.
    09-07-11 08:43 AM
    I don't see why one would be different from the other, they're both the same phones but different form factors. It just comes down to which form factor you'd prefer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-11 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD