Good evening everyone,

Been using my 9900 for nearly 2 months now and so far everything is going well

Yesterday though, something odd happened,

I was taking a long video, not in HD, in normal mode, basically I was hoping for about 2 hours worth of video taking, the phone was plugged in for power, and was taking video on the onboard memory. the Memory was absolutely empty and i was hoping to take video for as long as the phone can take or up to 2 hours (based on math, it should have been enough)

So after about an hour of video taking going absolutely perfectly, I got an error on the screen that the device ran out of memory (cant be storage as there showed around 1 gb free) so i got the usual screen u get when u stop taking a video, when i clicked play, it said it cant view this format!

Transferred it to the PC, no luck with quicktime, wmp, or VLC.

Tried a couple of 3gp repair programs, a couple 3gp converters, a couple video editing software, and either they dont recognize the video file OR they see it but cant do anything to it...

Now I am stuck with a 3.8 GB file that is really important for work and I cant do anything about it.

Anyone ever been through anything like this? any way to get it to work?

I would be extremely grateful for any help!!!

Thanks guys
    10-22-11 12:56 PM
    Well posted this a few days ago, and there has been many views and no responses...

Is there really no one who has any way that can sort this issue out?

I am in desperate need of this video to work and like I have been trying several programs and all with no luck or any hope of it working...

Any professional user here who dealt with alot of videos or anyone with knowledge of such files can help me out?
    10-25-11 02:13 PM
    did you try posting this on rim's BlackBerry forums site. questions on there get answered by blackberry staff along with other readers. www.supportforums.blackberry.com/rim hopfully they can answer you.
    10-25-11 09:21 PM
    I remember one time I took some video that when I tried to play couldn't "view this format" or whatever. I rebooted my phone and then it played the vid I took just fine. I have the feeling u already tried doing a battery pull/reboot already tho...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-11 11:10 PM
    Try using vlc? Usually they can play even corrupted videos..

Because the formatof the phone is fat32, Max file size at anytime is 4gb. 3.8gb takes into account the varying filesize when calculated on disk space.

It could mean simply that the 9900 didn't seal the video file before hitting the cap. Could be os didn't put in safety guard against this, hence, corrupting it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-11 01:13 AM
    If you happen to have a DropBox Acct. hit me up if you want me to check it out.
    10-26-11 10:16 AM
    @Kevin, I shall try that, Thanks

@Standard, yes, I did try a battery pull.

@tezytan, yup, tried VLC, WMP, Quicktime, Real Media, A few other media players as well with no luck

Thanks all!

I shall try contacting RIM and see, untill then any more ideas and thoughts would be greatly appreciated! thank you!
    10-26-11 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD