Hi there,

Had the 9900 for about 3 weeks now and just over the last few days had several people saying they can't hear me when I'm making outgoing calls. I can hear them fine and I find if I move the handset further or closer to my face then I'll eventually find that they can hear me. This is really starting to bug me, does anyone know if this is common? I've had a search but can only find problems relating to complete loss of sound. I'm wondering if it's a hardware problem and it's just they way that I usually hold the phone, or is it software/OS related?

Thanks
    01-11-12 05:48 AM
    It's definitely not normal. Not sure what the answer is though....
    01-11-12 06:14 AM
    This is a carrier-related issue not from your berry.
    01-11-12 06:25 AM
    Happens all the time or just when you are in some bad signal spots? If it happens all the time it might have something to do with the mic. If not, maybe you have bad signal ( check out the signal when talking and someone complains he/she can't hear you well). This shouldn't have anything to do with the OS.
    01-11-12 06:34 AM
    Happens the majority of the time but signal is full strength, which leaves me thinking it's a problem with the mic. Has anyone else experienced mic problems?

Cheers
    01-11-12 07:29 AM
    Press call button/menu/options/in call settings. Enable automatic volume control and treble boost. This may be an audio control but has helped others with outgoing clarity. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-12 07:41 AM
    This happened to me at the same location often and I called my carrier (Telus) to complain. The problem seems to have disappeared now a week after my complaint.
    01-11-12 09:13 AM
    Did an OTA OS update yesterday and also changed the in call settings as per message from albee 1 and all seems to be fine now. Many thanks!
    01-12-12 06:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD