Hey everyone,

I currently have a 9780 bold and I like it alot but I really think the 9900 is a big step up and it seems to be the best blackberry out to date.

From what I have been reading the next phones that BB will be launching will be QNX based and feature full touch screen. Can someone tell me if this has been 100% confirmed yet.

I want to upgrade from my Bold 9780 but I don't want a full touch screen phone because I miss the keyboard. I'm wondering if their will first be an updated version of the 9900 similar to the 9700 to 9780 jump before the QNX phones come out. In that case I will wait for the updated version.
    08-31-11 12:41 PM
    most rumors/articles have mentioned 1st "QNX" phone named "Colt" to be an all touch-screen device...if this is the case...im passing on it...i need to and gotta have an actual keyboard. i plan to holding on to my 9930 for a long time until the next big full keyboard blackberry =]
    08-31-11 01:35 PM
    Nothing is 100% confirmed...the 9900 is a nice device...best BB ever in my opinion.
    08-31-11 01:35 PM
    It won't be 100% confirmed until RIM announces it. Until then its just speculation

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-11 01:36 PM
    most rumors/articles have mentioned 1st "QNX" phone named "Colt" to be an all touch-screen device...if this is the case...im passing on it...i need to and gotta have an actual keyboard. i plan to holding on to my 9930 for a long time until the next big full keyboard blackberry =]
    Hmm yea I'm tempted to get the new 9900 just heard the battery life isn't the greatest. The way I see it this is the best full keyboard BB to date and if the new QNX phones will all be touchscreen then I would rather get the 9900 now.

But I do think it would be a rather drastic move on RIMS part to completely get rid of the keyboard since that is what originally made them famous. Maybe the full touchscreen phone will be the first of the QNX line up of new phones.
    08-31-11 02:14 PM
    my battery life is fine...it lasts me a whole day...i txt/bbm/email/facebook/twitter alot. i have an app that controls my wifi on or off automatically when im in range. and i agree with you...full touchscreen only QNX would be bad of RIM...i believe they will release an all touch-screen and one with keyboard. the one with keyboard i would get lol lol and ditch my 9930. but who knows...that can be in 2012 or watch out 2013 hahahahahahah
    08-31-11 02:22 PM
    Dude grab the 9930, no way you'll regret it.

08-31-11 02:54 PM
    Dude grab the 9930, no way you'll regret it.

agreed! i got mine since aug 21 in store when Sprint released...awesome and best RIM device ever
    08-31-11 02:55 PM
    Thanks for the help guys, boy the 9930 sure is tempting. Only prob is I have only had my 9780 bold for about 6 months and this would be a quick jump for me. I would be buying the phone outright if I decided to get it. What is fair market value for a bold 9780 in good condition nowadays?
    08-31-11 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD