Lol CX is a legend.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-11 09:11 AM
    Predicting the 9900 for August is a pretty safe bet.
    Wow! What changed? You were saying at least a couple more months. Are u confirming what cx is saying? Awesome news if true!!

07-17-11 10:26 AM
    I'm so excited <3. I'll finally be able to retire my Bold 9000.
    07-17-11 10:45 AM
    Wow! What changed? You were saying at least a couple more months. Are u confirming what cx is saying? Awesome news if true!!

Not for ATT.
    07-17-11 10:54 AM
    I believe he lives North Carolina.

I always though CX lived in Canada...

maybe many moons ago I crossed 2 posters and have been mistaken
    More than likely, T-Mobile will be first.

Not for ATT.
    07-17-11 11:12 AM
    Not for ATT.
    Crucial said he believes AT&T launch likely in August

07-17-11 11:16 AM
    According to Crucials twitter the 9810 is about to reach technical acceptance and will launch before the 9900, but the 9900 is being fast tracked by AT&T to launch before the iphone 5
    What is crucial's twitter?

07-17-11 11:18 AM
    What is crucial's twitter?

Crucial_Xtreme he sneaks in a phone related tweet every now and then

07-17-11 11:23 AM
    The USA will get it about a month before Canada....Canada could slip into September. I got to hold one and type on it yesterday and it is a beautiful device. I have a Torch but a couple of other guys that were there have Bold 9700's and both said they are trading up to the 9900 as soon as it is released.

QNX devices planned for February but will likely slip a couple of months.
    Last edited by 1REDRUM; 07-17-11 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Incorrect Month...
    07-17-11 11:25 AM
    One more thing....phone is beautiful....best BB yet by far....only issue seems to be battery life but it does have a beta version of the software
    07-17-11 11:26 AM
    One more thing....phone is beautiful....best BB yet by far....only issue seems to be battery life but it does have a beta version of the software
    Do you think it will launch in the US on AT&T and Verizon in August aswell?

07-17-11 11:33 AM
    Let CX give an answer to these questions on where he lives. If not... *puts his shades on* ... I will hunt him down.

Just kiddin', kids. For me, if CX says something, it's (almost) true.
    07-18-11 09:16 AM
    How do do you know these stuff? Anyway, thanks for the info.
    07-18-11 09:24 AM
    Do you think it will launch in the US on AT&T and Verizon in August aswell?

No idea...I just know the phone was really nice and the others that were present and saw it for the first time are ready to upgrade to it. I have a Torch so will likely wait another year for a QNX phone as I have not had mine for even 12 months yet.
    07-18-11 09:45 AM
    Sounds like good news to me...Better news would be the release of the CDMA devices!!!!! im tired of my customers asking me "are these all the phones you have?!?!" and my answering being "yes it is, Bell hates us and won't buy any new CDMA devices".... ok not my real answer but it should be LOL.
    07-18-11 10:06 AM
    This morning's update from CX: "And for my CrackBerry friends the 9900's battery life is close behind the iPhone4. Should equal it at launch on AT&T. Can't speak 4 others"
    Guatiao likes this.
    07-18-11 10:28 AM
    Is technical acceptance different than field testing? PG said Torch 2 already in field testing and would be launched early/mid august.

Is technical acceptance next stage after field test.How long does it take for technical acceptance?
    I think TA is reached when field testing is successful and the device is ready to launch on the carrier. TA acceptance usually means a release is coming very soon because I believe it is the last hurdle to jump.
    Correct TA is what follows field trial. Once the field passes it then it gets TA and is released for the marketing folks to work out remaining details on a release date.

My good friend CX is correct, we're headed for TA on the 9810 shortly, possibly as early as Friday but more likely next week. Yes early/mid August seems reasonable.

finally something good from at&t.but i want to know something.the last i heard,is that at&t is field testing the iphone 5.if everything runs smooth,then the iphone 5 can be ready to go in august.that seems more reasonable since apple has a music event scheduled for september.and having the iphone 5 release in september,that could conflict with their planned event.so august is just right to do it from apple's standpoint.so if cx could shed some light on this,your most welcome.having 9810,9900,and iphone 5 all on display would be a treat for me.i will get to fondle with all three of them before deciding on one.
    I will defer to CX though on the 9900 as he may have more current info than I. No one is talking (on the at&t side) on when it will be released for field trial and from my perspective Aug would be VERY difficult at this point for release.

I will also say that I have been told that iPhone 5 has entered its usual DARK field testing period. I believe that the plan is still for iPhone 5 release in September but as usual reliable information on that is difficult to come by.

PG
    purijagmohan likes this.
    07-18-11 12:52 PM
    This morning's update from CX: "And for my CrackBerry friends the 9900's battery life is close behind the iPhone4. Should equal it at launch on AT&T. Can't speak 4 others"
    Seriously, he has to be freaking kidding me...the iPhone 4 has awful battery life, even with 3G and bluetooth turned off and the screen turned way down I only got 8-9 hours out of mine. With everything turned on, I would be lucky to get 6 hours. How come CX drops that BOMBSHELL - basically the 9900 having extremely poor battery life (if he is correct) - and yet nobody bats an eyelid? Either CX is full of it, or the 9900 isn't the wonder phone everyone's saying it is. If its battery life is on par with the iPhone then it's an unusable phone as far as I'm concerned.

07-18-11 01:06 PM
    I have an iPhone 4 for Verizon and my battery life is anything but terrible. I really have to try to run down my battery to kill it in a 24 hour span.
    07-18-11 01:43 PM
    Correct TA is what follows field trial. Once the field passes it then it gets TA and is released for the marketing folks to work out remaining details on a release date.

My good friend CX is correct, we're headed for TA on the 9810 shortly, possibly as early as Friday but more likely next week. Yes early/mid August seems reasonable.

I will defer to CX though on the 9900 as he may have more current info than I. No one is talking (on the at&t side) on when it will be released for field trial and from my perspective Aug would be VERY difficult at this point for release.

I will also say that I have been told that iPhone 5 has entered its usual DARK field testing period. I believe that the plan is still for iPhone 5 release in September but as usual reliable information on that is difficult to come by.

PG
    How is it that your saying that at this time there's no word on field testing for the 9900 and crucial is saying there's a good chance for an August launch for AT&T, something doesn't add up, could it be their just gonna test the 9900 in the labs and not do a field trial??

07-18-11 01:51 PM
    Battery life on par with iphone, That's really dissapointing, hope he's wrong.

07-18-11 02:02 PM
    While the battery life may be disappointing for some, I don't think its all that surprising given the stuff manufacturers have been packing into these phones lately with faster chips and all that. There are ways to optimize battery, but battery technology just has not been moving or improving as fast.
    07-18-11 02:10 PM
    The Iphone 4 battery life is great!
    07-18-11 02:11 PM
    Yeah, from what I have heard, the iphone 4 has great battery life.
    07-18-11 02:15 PM
    Those saying iPhone battery life is great, I'm guessing you're not heavy business users - I'm on my phone all day, lots of bluetooth calls and tons of emails and texts, plus heavy web use. Seriously, the iPhone 4 didn't even come close to giving me a full day, compared to 24hrs + with the same use on my 9700. Sometimes I would see the iPhone's charge lose 1% every time I loaded a web page on 3G.

07-18-11 02:21 PM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD