I will start by saying that this is my 6th 9900 since september, its a great phone! It does everything I need it too and I do not want to change to a different phone,
    My bold 9900 (vodafone UK) keep unlocking itself, it can be lying next to me and it will unlock itself? It seems to do it more often when there is an incoming text or twitter message? When the phone is in my pocket it can call people and waste my minutes on my contract! Any idea what I can do? Thanks
    05-10-12 04:56 PM
    If you have done a battery pull and it still persists I would reload / update the OS.
    05-10-12 05:03 PM
    Do you have any apps installed on the phone that may be causing this? I have no issues with the latest OS 7.1... which version of OS are you on now?

I am having so many issues with apps on this Bold 9900 which I didn't when I was on 9700. I have idea why RIM makes a small OS update and it screws everything up. I have strong feeling that your phone's problem also may be due to an app malfunctioning.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 05-10-12 at 05:14 PM.
    05-10-12 05:12 PM
    you must have the latest houdini app installed on your bb
    05-10-12 09:24 PM
    When calls come in it will unlock or come out of standby so you can respond. Easy solution would be to try using a password to lock it.
    Last edited by albee 1; 05-10-12 at 09:33 PM.
    05-10-12 09:28 PM
    When calls come in it will unlock or come out of standby so you can respond. Easy solution would be to try using a password to lock it.
    If my phone is sitting there it will automatically unlock but I've noticed it does it more often just before a call or text comes through, I have tried a reinstall of os7.1 vodafone UK but still got the same issue, I will take the phone to my local store on my day off work and see if they can sort it out for me, its using my minutes and wastes my battery
    05-11-12 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD