Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    UPDATE: afects BB9900 and BB9810 on t-Mobile
    Notice: BB9900 are not available on RIM website

T-Mobil advised that since about June 30, 2014 there is system wide ticket opened on BB9900 and BB9810 because of grabled UMA/WiFi telephone connection. The WiFi interent works.
    There is no expected solution date nor any promiss that will ever be resolved. T-mobile salespeople calim that it is RIM problem, but RIM technical support states beyond doubt that this is T-mobile unique problem.
    If you press technical support they will transfer the call to disconnect department who will offer no more than $200 for a purchase of new telephone and will make you fill that they are doing you a favour -- while if you google T-mobile and Blackberry you will get a T-mobile webpage offering the same $200 to any owner of BB device.
    I think what T-mobile and BB need is to be confronted by a good class action attorney. They made our perfectly good handsets worthless and now want to make more money. They forgot that the implied warranty of usability never expires even if the normal product defect warranty expired within one year of purchase.

For about 1 week the UMA/WiFi on my 9900 (T-mobile USA) makes my voice garbled (like talking under water). Did every trick I know including reloading firmware and loading UK O2 highest firmware for this phone. No improvement.
    Spent countless hours with T-Mobile and Blackberry - was told that this is system-wide issue with software on T-mobile servers affecting 9900 only. Any of you experience this? Did you resolve?
    This might have something to do with new WiFi CellSpot offering from T-mobile and related system-wide software upgrade?
    Last edited by Gal.anonimus; 09-16-14 at 03:39 PM. Reason: New info
    09-12-14 03:58 AM
    For about 1 week the UMA/WiFi on my 9900 (T-mobile USA) makes my voice garbled (like talking under water). Did every trick I know including reloading firmware and loading UK O2 highest firmware for this phone. No improvement.
    Spent countless hours with T-Mobile and Blackberry - was told that this is system-wide issue with software on T-mobile servers affecting 9900 only. Any of you experience this? Did you resolve?
    This might have something to do with new WiFi CellSpot offering from T-mobile and related system-wide software upgrade?
    It could actually just be them? Complain to T-Mobile and see what they say?
    09-12-14 05:53 AM
    I have had the same problem with both of my BB9900's the last couple of months. I too have tried about everything including factory wipe, reload latest os, reload older os and results are the same-garbled voice on the other end. This happens with both of my BB9900's. I installed a voip client (Vmobile) and voip/wifi calls work great but I want the stock native wifi calling. I am out of town right now and TMO has sent a new sim to my home. When I get back I will call TMO to both register the sim and complain about no wifi calling on my TMO. I will also check on my Z10 and Q10 to see if wifi calling has returned as I have wifi calling issues on those devices too. I have NO problems using UMA calling with my BB9790. TMO has messed something up.
    09-12-14 07:11 AM
    I fear Tmo just doesn't care, especially with devices that start with a "B" instead of a lower case "i". I watched their Uncarrier 7 event, with them explaining the virtues of WiFi calling like no one had been using it before, and just shook my head when I thought back to my frustrations with the 9900. I've been using Wifi calling flawlessly on our work's WiFi for the last three months, but whenever I switch to the 9900 it sounds like you're underwater. My 9900 calls fine on a different router, just not the work system (and I have no access to the work router config/settings).

(I am very happy Tmobile is going all-in with WiFi calling, and am excited they can hand off between Wifi calls and VoLTE-- that's awesome for the future. Then I get sad thinking the classic or passport may not even work on it.)
    09-12-14 10:29 AM