I just recently exchanged my 9930 because of random keyboard problems. My "b", "n", and "enter" would quit working and then just magically start working again. I gave that problem a week and then the trackpad naviigation stopped working. The trackpad never started working again. That is when I gave up. Which sucks because I just got my last phone where I wanted it.

I hope that these are isolated incidents. I love this phone, but RIM doesn't need any more 9630-like debacles.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-11 03:54 AM
    hi, my bold 9900 just decided to stop working, the touchscreen and buttons\trackpad dont do anytheng when i touch\press them. the phone still turns on and off no problem and iv tried doing numerous battery pulls and also tried alt shift and delete, but still after the phone starts up again still no resonse! I was wondering if anyone could help me please?
    10-01-11 06:09 AM
    Same thing happened to my 9900. I opened it up to check on the phone and the pcb cable for the Keyboard was ripped. I have ordered a new keyboard. Hopefully that fixes the problem.
    I ordered it from truesupplier.com

I hope it fixes it or then its $500 down the drain...
    10-01-11 08:34 AM
    Same thing happened to my 9900. I opened it up to check on the phone and the pcb cable for the Keyboard was ripped. I have ordered a new keyboard. Hopefully that fixes the problem.
    I ordered it from truesupplier.com

I hope it fixes it or then its $500 down the drain...
    LOL did you not have a warranty on the phone?? i mean the phone should come with a manufacturers warranty and seeing as the phone has only been out since Aug, you would well within your warranty period..so why not get the place you got it from to replace or repair the phone rather than you opening it up and voiding your warranty??
    10-01-11 08:42 AM
    I have gone through 3 devices so far and hopefully this is the last! All phones have issues and the other platforms are no different. You would think the manufacturers would tighten up on their quality control to reduce so many returns under warranty.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-01-11 08:48 AM
    The only reason I did it myself is because I bought it off ebay so it wasn't with any warranty. It was assigned to Bell Mobility and I unlocked and used it on ATT. So I was kind of stuck. Let's see what happens now.
    10-01-11 09:25 AM
    I have gone through 3 devices so far and hopefully this is the last! All phones have issues and the other platforms are no different. You would think the manufacturers would tighten up on their quality control to reduce so many returns under warranty.
    Actually the BB9930 is the first smartphone that has had issues for me. I have owned 3-4 so far.
    10-01-11 09:29 AM
    The only reason I did it myself is because I bought it off ebay so it wasn't with any warranty. It was assigned to Bell Mobility and I unlocked and used it on ATT. So I was kind of stuck. Let's see what happens now.
    Ahhh right ok, well hope you fix it.
    10-01-11 10:26 AM
    So nobody knows of any fixes? because i get the impression its just a little bug on the handset that can be wiped with some sort of reset but i dont really have a clue where to start?! haha
    10-01-11 11:25 AM
    My phone has started doing the same thing. The touch screen has gotten progressively less and less responsive. Also when my phone is locked I have to hit enter a couple of times before I get the password screen to come up. The bottom icons I have to tap quite hard to get them to open.

My phone is obviously still under warranty, will they simply swap my phone for a new one if I tell them what's happening with it??
    10-09-11 03:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD