Ok

I've waited MONTHS for this phone to get to Peru. I just got it 3 hours ago. The touch screen worked great as well as everything else. After connecting it to the PC and running it through the Desktop Manager, the screen stopped working.

Let me explain as it's kinda funny...

Now, the touch screen only works when the phone is connected to the PC!! Meaning, whenever I disconnect it, it stops working and I basically have a very expensive Blackberry Bold 9000...

I'm running on OS 7.0.0.579 and yes I've done TONS of battery pulls and it still doesn't work, it only works when plugged into the PC.

How can I fix this??

Thanks!
    02-01-12 08:36 PM
    Reinstall the OS
    02-01-12 09:02 PM
    How do I do this? I am kinda worried... I mean, it does work while plugged in so I'm guessing there's no "hardware" damage...
    02-01-12 09:04 PM
    just wipe and reinstall the OS and see how it goes..never heard of a similar issue.
    02-01-12 09:28 PM
    How do I do this?
    02-01-12 09:51 PM
    I downloaded BBSAK just out of desperation since I've always used loader.exe in the past (which also, doesn't work with the 9900) and it doesn't recognize the device. I've done multiple things I read on the internet regarding BBSAK and how to make it work and it still doesn't.

Now, I downgraded the OS, reinstalled the newest OS, and no, nothing. The only thing that makes the touchscreen work is having the phone connected to the USB port on my computer. When I unplug it, the touch screen doesn't work. It just works "barely" as in sometimes if I press on it and move my fingers a lot on it, then it will "select" something. I'm very frustrated.
    02-02-12 09:14 AM
    If it is only three hours old, get your carrier to replace it.
    02-02-12 09:22 AM
    I just went there and there's nothing wrong. Turn out the phone's touch screen doesn't work when I put my Otterbox Commuter case on it. As soon as the silicone layer touches the bottom part of the phone (where the charging thing is for the dock) the screen stops working. What can it be??
    02-02-12 11:33 AM
    Did your carrier supply the case? I just wondering if there was a quality problem with the case. Could it be covering the proximity sensor near the top of the phone, which disables the touch screen when the phone is up to your face making a call. I think this sensor is to the left of the LED.
    02-02-12 03:06 PM
    The case is an Otterbox Commuter case which I' sure lots of people own and don'thave the same issues as me. No, the case doesn't cover the proximity sensor at all, it's completely exposed. Like I said, the problem starts as soon as the BOTTOM of the phone touches the silicone layer. I'm guessing it's a "grounding" issue or something because on the other hand, the phone works perfect with the case and all when it's plugged to the computer or the wall charger. See my point?
    02-02-12 05:37 PM
    At this point, you've tried a number of things. Just swap out the phone and get a replacmenmt. No big deal. Don't waste your time any longer.
    02-03-12 12:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD