I dont travel with charger (previously owned 9700 & 9780 with excellent battery life, so dont need charger all the times) and suddenly I noticed my 9900 was on red battery bar. I ignored it but plugged charging moment I arrived home.
    Red light and nothing
    I was scared, but let still kept it for charging for 10 min. then battery symbol appeared followed by blackberry boot logo after 5 min.
    JM-1 battery is really very bad and non compatible with 9900.
    I remember swapping some Chinese battery in my 9780 for some reasons and it took 5+ minutes with red light and then boot.

Either battery is incompatible or power management software is still not matured. I guess both.
    I let my bb charge for around 18+ hrs on first day (day I purchased) to verify for bricking defects and it passed the bricking exam.
    Is RIM really serious about their existing customers ?
    Why battery problem is not solved, may be new compatible battery.
    Share your battery drain experience.
    12-24-11 06:37 AM
    If your battery is drained beyond the point of where the phone will boot, you will experience what you describe above. It's perfectly normal behavior on BlackBerry devices.

There's nothing wrong with the software or the battery - and clearly a JM-1 battery can't be incompatible with your 9900, or your RIM battery charger.
    12-24-11 07:15 AM
    ok fine.
    can you see new powerful battery from RIM in your horizon?
    12-24-11 08:06 AM
    This effect is normal. As long back as I could remember this has been true for all of RIM's devices.
    12-24-11 08:59 AM
    If your battery is drained beyond the point of where the phone will boot, you will experience what you describe above. It's perfectly normal behavior on BlackBerry devices.

There's nothing wrong with the software or the battery - and clearly a JM-1 battery can't be incompatible with your 9900, or your RIM battery charger.
    When can we say that the battery has been drained to the point beyond which it will not boot? I fully drained my battery several times and plugged it right away to charge. However, I manually turn it on right after and there is no considerable wait time before it turns on.
    12-24-11 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD