Quite mysteriously both the my first and second 9900 (tmob replaced the first due to trackpad issue) are not appearing when trying to launch apploader or the desktop manager (either 6.1 and 7) on my work (win7 pro) and home laptop (win7 home). Yes I deleted the vendor.xml file.

Blackberry Device Maaager in the taskbar shows the phone and so does the bluetooth, but the DM endlessy tries to initialize the devices and never connects. Same for apploader, the Pin never appears and the update doesn't go past that initial point.

Tried all sort of reboots on pc and phone. Mass storage works quite well, so does the sync.
    Tmob runs .250 (which sucks).

Any idea?

What is annoying is that the same issue was/is present on both phones and both laptops.
    09-05-11 06:31 PM
    I know you deleted the vendor file, BUT, if you have Vista/Win7 users: In the apploader folder, simply click on "Compatibility files" to see the actual Vendor.xml file. Once you've got that - simply delete the vendor.xml file there (even if you've deleted or think you've deleted it in the folder previously) and voila, it will allow you to update to the newly installed OS!

Try that...
    09-05-11 07:00 PM
    Thank you, but I don't see that option.

I have been playing with the latest Blackberry swiss army knife and it says the phone is not connected...weird as the drivers installation happens everytime I change the usb port.
    09-05-11 07:34 PM
    same problem here and just cant figure out whats wrong.... ahhh
    09-09-11 12:58 PM
    Quite mysteriously both the my first and second 9900 (tmob replaced the first due to trackpad issue) are not appearing when trying to launch apploader or the desktop manager (either 6.1 and 7) on my work (win7 pro) and home laptop (win7 home). Yes I deleted the vendor.xml file.

Blackberry Device Maaager in the taskbar shows the phone and so does the bluetooth, but the DM endlessy tries to initialize the devices and never connects. Same for apploader, the Pin never appears and the update doesn't go past that initial point.

Tried all sort of reboots on pc and phone. Mass storage works quite well, so does the sync.
    Tmob runs .250 (which sucks).

Any idea?

What is annoying is that the same issue was/is present on both phones and both laptops.
    Can I ask what exactly you are trying to acomplish here unless i missed something I don't think you ever said what you want to acomplish.

Asfas as deleting the vendor.xml file the only reason you would need to dothat is if you were trying to DL another cvarrier or leaked OS otherwise it really does not serve any other purpose.
    If you can clarify things a bit more I would be glad to advice you if I know the answer.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 09-09-11 at 01:10 PM.
    09-09-11 01:07 PM
    I am trying to install the latest official .353 from SK Telekom on my 9900er from Telekom in Windows 7 and it get not recogniced by the Loader.exe (vendor.xml deleted).

Working as a USB drive, Blackberry Device Manager can see the PIN.
    09-09-11 01:38 PM
    I am trying to install the latest official .353 from SK Telekom on my 9900er from Telekom in Windows 7 and it get not recogniced by the Loader.exe (vendor.xml deleted).

Working as a USB drive, Blackberry Device Manager can see the PIN.
    Well it sounds to me that you have done everything correct now that I understand what you are trying to do but I have to ask just to cover all bases... You have downloaded the OS that you wish to install and installed it on your computer so it shows up in add/remove programs and made sure that you have deleted any other OSs that might appear in the same place or it will not work.
    09-09-11 01:43 PM
    Well it sounds to me that you have done everything correct now that I understand what you are trying to do but I have to ask just to cover all bases... You have downloaded the OS that you wish to install and installed it on your computer so it shows up in add/remove programs and made sure that you have deleted any other OSs that might appear in the same place or it will not work.
    Yes and even double checked
    09-09-11 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD