Any "fix" for the 9900 Texting problem of adding an unwanted space and period in the middle of a sentence?
    07-24-13 04:14 PM
    I have the same, very annoying issue. I very gingerly cleaned out under the space bar, hoping there's perhaps a crumb or hair under there, causing the problems. It did seem to improve, but was shortly back to an extra space/period after nearly every single word. The perceived improvement was probably just wishful thinking on my part.

I've upgraded the OS to 7.1 for unrelated reasons, but that hasn't made any difference either. It's getting beyond tedious needing to correct ridiculously composed texts all the time. Texts don't need to be perfect, but they do need to be coherent.
    07-24-13 05:18 PM
    I've had my 9900 for almost two years. I am having the same problems with the double space and double characters. Not sure if it's just keyboard age or having upgrading the os (it starting happening shortly thereafter). I plan to upgrade the os one more time and if the problem persists, it might be time to upgrade.
    Anyone know how to take apart the keyboard? It might need a good cleaning!
    07-24-13 07:14 PM
    Anyone know how to take apart the keyboard? It might need a good cleaning!
    Search YouTube for replacing Bold 9900 keyboard (or whatever). There are usually lots of good vids and they even show and explain the special tools you need. Usually a Torx screwdriver.
    07-24-13 07:16 PM
    It's funny that I come across this topic. For the past few days I've been wondering why these periods pop up with my typing it. At first I thought I may have been typing too quick and hitting the space bar twice without noticing....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    07-24-13 10:35 PM
    Sometimes, when BlackBerry keyboards age, a key can make two letters/characters even though you've pressed it once. It happens to some faster than others.

This started happening with the 'a' key on my 9900. In your case it happened with the space bar. It's a hardware issue, so a keyboard replacement will probably do the trick.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    07-25-13 01:26 AM
    I had the same problem when typing. I found this thread a while ago and did what the poster on post #85 wrote and it worked for me. It comes back every once in a while but I just repeat and it goes away again. Many had this issue so you are def not alone.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7420558
    07-25-13 09:29 AM
    Had the same problem. It was happening for months, and very nearly made me give up on my much loved 9930. What happens is that, while typing, the spacebar does an unwanted second space which inserts a period and caps for the next word. Incredibly annoying. I found a suggestion on some forum which (mostly) worked. Go to settings => typing and language => keypad settings => key rate. The post I read suggested changing this setting to medium slow, but that didnt quite do it for me so I tried fooling around with it until I found a setting that did work. Due to an unrelated problem, I got a new (refurbished) 9930 and have had no such problems. Hope this helps!
    07-31-13 10:28 AM
    I set it to slow and it appears to be working much better. I dont notice any slower typing speed. Thanks for the tip!
    07-31-13 10:01 PM
    It seems many of us have/had this issue. You can read more about it in the following thread. I found a fix in post #85. Good luck.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...eriods-716893/
    08-13-13 12:59 PM
    How do I find this Post # 85 to which you refer?
    01-14-14 12:25 PM