I had an issues I didn't realize I had for almost a month now. Every so often I would get a text message and try to text back in the same window and it would return "X Unassigned Number"

I just bought another 9900 Blackberry on another account and realized txt messages are broken. After some time, I realized that from within a txt message I had to go to options, find Network to Send Over, and select Circuit Switched. The default seemed to be (or I set it during my setup without thinking) to packet switched prefered.

Strange it only works when going circuit switched but it's probably only strange to me because I don't understand the mechanisms involved. I just figured it routes to tmobile as data and they send out but like I said it was the solution on both phones. To test it out I switched back to Packet Switched (only) and it failed.

Am I right in my observation it has to be on Circuit Switched (only) to work?
    09-25-11 04:07 PM
    I had an issues I didn't realize I had for almost a month now. Every so often I would get a text message and try to text back in the same window and it would return "X Unassigned Number"

I just bought another 9900 Blackberry on another account and realized txt messages are broken. After some time, I realized that from within a txt message I had to go to options, find Network to Send Over, and select Circuit Switched. The default seemed to be (or I set it during my setup without thinking) to packet switched prefered.

Strange it only works when going circuit switched but it's probably only strange to me because I don't understand the mechanisms involved. I just figured it routes to tmobile as data and they send out but like I said it was the solution on both phones. To test it out I switched back to Packet Switched (only) and it failed.

LOL... No I am really sorry and don't mean to laugh but guy you need to call your carrier and get your device back to normal so SMS works as they are suppose to, reset your device to factory default after a full backup and or wipe your device and reinstall the OS... You have several pics there so take your choice but I would start with the carrier tech support.
    09-25-11 04:25 PM
    I got this "X Unassigned Number" error before, it means you need to top up your prepaid card.

That's all i know.
    09-25-11 11:06 PM

I had the same problem. For me, I changed to Circuit Switched Preferred and it started working. Not sure why the prior two posters gave what appear to be nonsense answers....
    10-10-11 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD