Hello,
    I am trying find how to tether my 9900 to my laptop via bluetooth instead of a usb cable ( and Dm ). Is this possible as DM doesn't seem to have an option to tether via bluetooth unless I missed it ? Kinda like the bridge on the playbook as they say.

thx
    JR
    Last edited by jrmtl; 09-26-11 at 08:25 PM.
    09-26-11 08:07 PM
    I do it all the time, just set up a DUN connection with the settings from your carrier, make sure you select bluetooth modem as the default mode for the connection. The bad side of this setup is that you are limited to BT network speeds...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-11 08:29 PM
    What kind of speeds are you getting with this?
    09-26-11 08:32 PM
    I do it all the time, just set up a DUN connection with the settings from your carrier, make sure you select bluetooth modem as the default mode for the connection. The bad side of this setup is that you are limited to BT network speeds...

I tried to set up the standard modem via bluetooth link but it asks for a phone number?
    I believe it's *99***9#

then it takes a bit of time to connect and it does but cannot seem to browse as it times out , any ideas why?
    Last edited by jrmtl; 09-26-11 at 09:25 PM.
    09-26-11 08:53 PM
    I depends on the area but I think BT is limited to around 1.5 MB/Sec, don't ask me about USB speed because I never use it...

09-26-11 09:23 PM
    The bluetooth 2.1+EDR spec, which all of the OS7 Blackberries have, are rated for about 3mb/s. In reality you never achieve 100% throughput, as my own tests have shown, it peaks around 120KB/s or around 1 megabit. Plenty for casual web browsing or 360p youtube, but it definitely won't be as fast as USB
    09-27-11 07:49 PM
    So how do I set it up properly with Rogers... can't seem to find the proper tel # string as I may have it wrong with *99#

The connection works but the web browsing just hangs although it does say connected and phone says modem enabled

I know the username password stuff

thx
    09-27-11 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD