I know people testing the 9900 on carriers. Can't say anythign else, but I can tell you it won' be september.
    06-06-11 12:55 PM
    I know people testing the 9900 on carriers. Can't say anythign else, but I can tell you it won' be september.
    So, its going to be later?
    06-06-11 01:02 PM
    Just in time for the holidays.
    06-06-11 01:20 PM
    it will be sooner
    06-06-11 01:33 PM
    what about 9930?
    06-06-11 01:36 PM
    proof? i could come on saying its out tomorrow without any evidence =P
    06-06-11 03:38 PM
    proof?
    Did you not see the proof? He knows people...

Nonetheless, I still hope he's right.
    06-06-11 04:06 PM
    i might be looking into this too much but today i recieved a mail from my local verizon store giving me $100 credit towards any blackberry. i hope they are trying to sell all their blackberries to make room for the upcoming.
    06-06-11 04:19 PM
    I know this guy that knows this person that knows the owner of a website that knows a Verizon rep that knows someone who posted crackberry.com who said the phone is going to come out late July.

Man I can't wait! I'm so fortunate to know these people [:
    06-06-11 04:34 PM
    I see you can get a older Tour with the trac ball for $.01. Now thats a sale!!
    06-06-11 05:22 PM
    I know this guy that knows this person that knows the owner of a website that knows a Verizon rep that knows someone who posted crackberry.com who said the phone is going to come out late July.

Man I can't wait! I'm so fortunate to know these people [:
    i think im related to that guy!!
    06-06-11 05:46 PM
    Another mysterious rumor
    06-06-11 06:14 PM
    I hope it's out sooner. My 9780 is starting to bore me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-11 08:44 PM
    ^at least you are running a recent device.the 9780 is not outdated in anyway yet.its a good device.you have no idea what many people out there are still on.
    06-06-11 09:22 PM
    i think im related to that guy!!
    NO WAY! Seriously?? I think I know your dad dude!!

^at least you are running a recent device.the 9780 is not outdated in anyway yet.its a good device.you have no idea what many people out there are still on.
    Completely agree, even the upgrade from a 9650 to a torch is years of difference (I'm not a big fan of torches, but the faster processes etc greatly improves its usability)

I mean I have a phone that is about a year old now (9650) and it's sickening that it takes a good 8 minutes to do a hard reset... Torch has a tiny bit better processor and takes a whopping 2ish minutes. Browsing experience.. I am sitting right next to my brand new router with my 9650 and the browsing experience is terrible (hardware is what slows it down of course) but it is literally unusable unless you are on a heavily modified mobile site. Many other reasons, random freezes for no reason etc. Anyone running a 9650 and older, I have much respect and I'm with ya on the agonizing wait.. Those of you with the 9780 or higher and are complaining/yelling at us to chill the ef out about the new phone can go f*** themselves (;

Not saying anyone here is saying that of course, but I completely agree with ya buddy
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 06-07-11 at 12:38 AM.
    06-07-11 12:35 AM
    To OP,
    What's the point of your Thread, if you can't even give a fake timeline? What do you mean by it won't be Sept? Is it going to be late or is it going to be early?

I don't know anyone from RIM, but I hope it is going to be early, not late.

06-07-11 07:36 AM
    He knows people......he got iMessages from them!
    06-07-11 11:07 AM
    i might be looking into this too much but today i recieved a mail from my local verizon store giving me $100 credit towards any blackberry. i hope they are trying to sell all their blackberries to make room for the upcoming.
    I can only speak for Sprint, but when you re-up your contract with Sprint, and you purchase a new device at the time, you get a $99.00 credit on your next bill. Also BlackBerry is doing a tradeup program (my Sprint Curve 8330 trade in is only $5.00 (USD) but they include a $45.00 promo credit also. and if Sprint is still doing the instant rebate program when the Bold 9930 is released $199.00 new/upgrade price, i'll only have to pay $75.00 approx. (taxes included)
    06-07-11 01:31 PM
    I can only speak for Sprint, but when you re-up your contract with Sprint, and you purchase a new device at the time, you get a $99.00 credit on your next bill. Also BlackBerry is doing a tradeup program (my Sprint Curve 8330 trade in is only $5.00 (USD) but they include a $45.00 promo credit also. and if Sprint is still doing the instant rebate program when the Bold 9930 is released $199.00 new/upgrade price, i'll only have to pay $75.00 approx. (taxes included)
    yea, my contract is up ... verizon is giving me $100 to renew my contract and i just recieved a $100 gift card towards a new blackberry purchase.
    06-07-11 01:40 PM
    ok, since this device so longed for has been tested and "coming soon", can you answer this for me(and others)... will the dang thing have mobile hot spot tethering?? i dont want to speculate a release date or argue who spoke to rim people. i just want to know if i can tether my tablets using said device when im out and about.
    06-07-11 02:26 PM
    Did you not see the proof? He knows people...

Nonetheless, I still hope he's right.
    l o v e i t
    06-07-11 08:30 PM
    I don't understand why the OP wouldn't just say the date lol. He isn't the one who is testing, he isn't under some sort of NDA or anything apparently. Just being top secret for the sake of being top secret. Drop a date bro.
    06-07-11 08:47 PM
    To OP,
    What's the point of your Thread, if you can't even give a fake timeline? What do you mean by it won't be Sept? Is it going to be late or is it going to be early?

I don't know anyone from RIM, but I hope it is going to be early, not late.

Still here.
    06-07-11 10:57 PM
    if you like bold 9000, you will love bold touch..i have seen it in action. it will be launch before sept..just imagaine an iphone 4 quality construction wrap in a bold body with touch screen..many carriers are testing it. it is ready for prime time soon.

06-08-11 12:00 AM
    I don't understand why the OP wouldn't just say the date lol. He isn't the one who is testing, he isn't under some sort of NDA or anything apparently. Just being top secret for the sake of being top secret. Drop a date bro.
    You see, bro, when someone (who probably IS covered by an NDA) gives you privileged information, you generally don't go around posting it on internet message boards.

Because when you do that, the person who IS covered by an NDA doesn't like you anymore and you don't get any more privileged information from him or her.

But at any rate, RIM really does need to hurry up. I wonder if they realize how marginalized they are becoming, even in the corporate markets. I've been using an 8520 spare for two months now since my 9000 died, and if the iPhone 4S drops first, I'll grab that instead.

I can't go on using this turd for much longer, so whoever is the quickest will win. RIM needs to realize they are competing in a completely different environment than even 2 years ago.
    06-08-11 08:27 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD