I currently have a Torch but I am trying to decide whether to upgrade to the Bold Touch or upcoming Torch 2 whenever that will be released. I usually prefer a larger screen. I loved my previous 9000.

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich
    05-03-11 08:17 PM
    It's pretty straight forward... If you want the larger screen + slide out keyboard, get the t2. Otherwise get the bold touch.

It's nothing more than a form factor choice + release date difference...
    05-03-11 08:18 PM
    I have the Torch. I'm leaning towards the 9900. Will have to see it first as I do like the larger touch screen. But that keyboard may just sway me.
    05-03-11 08:19 PM
    Apples and oranges, it's what feels best for you. I hated the T1 over my 9k, others don't feel the same way but it's 9900 for me.
    05-03-11 09:34 PM
    not entirely an apple to apple comparison. I do agree that T2 have a wider real estate.
    05-03-11 09:54 PM
    9900 all the way ...
    05-03-11 10:00 PM
    It's pretty straight forward... If you want the larger screen + slide out keyboard, get the t2. Otherwise get the bold touch.

It's nothing more than a form factor choice + release date difference...
    word. sliders are cool, but its all about what you like. i like the candy bar form, and thats what ill be getting.
    05-04-11 01:21 AM
    I'm having a hard time with deciding between the 9930 and the Monaco. I had the Storm2 and really enjoyed the big screen and touch screen. Typing with the SureType was lightning fast but found that I made a lot of mistakes and it took a lot of correcting to get the messages right. I have switched back to the Tour with physical keyboard and love the physical keyboard and using the keyboard shortcuts. My typing is slower but more accurate. Using the Tour for viewing photos and internet is rather cramped compared to the full size touch screen on the Storm2.

I've played with the Torch in the store and believe I could handle the touch virtual keyboard without the click OK but would still have the same mistakes with SureType that I was having on the Storm2.

So the question is do I want a big screen on the Monaco or the best keyboard ever on the 9930? I used to think the Torch would be the best of both worlds but seeing the 9930, I realize that its keyboard is light years ahead of the Torch slide out keyboard. I do a lot of typing on my BlackBerry.

Any other factors that I need to consider?
    05-05-11 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD