hi,

i am having problems with my 9900

when i go onto the net it is erratic it zooms in on itself and it opens up links on its own and sometimes it wont scroll down

when i go into calculator it freezes and i get the dreaded clock (hourglass) quite often and the compass wont work

can this be a software issue , reason i ask i live in south africa the fone was released on monday and i got it immediatly. we get the option that if something goes wrong in that 7 days they will exchange.

i was told to drop it off and they will "have a look" and decide if its software or if i need a new fone

the other option they can do a upgrade of software , which way do i go send in or just do software update
    09-10-11 08:24 AM
    Depends on how comfortable you are upgrading/changing your unit's OS.

If not that familiar, bring it in.
    09-10-11 08:44 AM
    hi ,

my cellular network where i got the fone from said there technician will do the software update if i like , or they will send it to a Rim agent here to check over
    09-10-11 08:51 AM
    I got a pleasant surprise this morning. I got an update for the Blackberry App World.. Long story short, clicked update, and the phone crashed. Said I needed to Re-install the OS because it had become corrupt. Well D4MN!

Re-loaded the T-mobile OS and its good to go,but what a pain
    09-10-11 10:48 AM
    Hi Mylexon20s, i just received the update for the bb appworld and i did perform the update. After the update i reboot my bb as per requested, then my bb crashed. Everytime i switch on my bb after finish loading there will be a red light flashing and it reboot the phone again. It goes through the same process non-stop.

May i know how do you actually solve the problem. Can you go through with me with the steps.
    09-10-11 12:33 PM
    Hi Mylexon20s, i just received the update for the bb appworld and i did perform the update. After the update i reboot my bb as per requested, then my bb crashed. Everytime i switch on my bb after finish loading there will be a red light flashing and it reboot the phone again. It goes through the same process non-stop.

May i know how do you actually solve the problem. Can you go through with me with the steps.
    No problem, sorry for the delayed response..

You will need the latest version of Blackberry Desktop Manager.

Plug the phone into the computer, and then open desktop manager. You will be prompted to update or load a new os on the phone.

You can also look for step by step picture instructions on Blackberry.com/102

That is how I figured out how to re-load the OS

-Matt
    09-10-11 03:41 PM
    No problem, sorry for the delayed response..

You will need the latest version of Blackberry Desktop Manager.

Plug the phone into the computer, and then open desktop manager. You will be prompted to update or load a new os on the phone.

You can also look for step by step picture instructions on Blackberry.com/102

That is how I figured out how to re-load the OS

-Matt
    Hi Matt, thanks for the reply. I tried following the instructions but still fail to perform a re-load of the os. Like i say the phone is unable to switch on, therefore i can't connect it to my bb desktop software.
    09-10-11 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD