From what ive gathered from my browsing of the forum, .261 is very good with your battery. if you were to upgrade I think you'd notice the difference!

Was your Wifi connected or did you just have it turned on?

Ive noticed my battery is great at home when connected to my Wifi, but when I am somewhere with a really bad signal the battery runs down really quickly.
    thats typical....
    09-09-11 02:48 AM
    My battery wasn't too bad before but now after deleting Meterberry off the phone the battery has even been better.
    lol lol
    this is a new observation.
    are you saying meterberry drains battery significantly?
    09-09-11 02:50 AM
    There has traditionally been lesser battery life on CDMA models compared to GSM phones. I wonder if this is part of the issue at play. Because the 2 devices are lumped together here, I wonder if its more 9930s with poor battery life or if it is even with the 9900s.
    there will have to be another thread to research that but i feel responses will be gotten from more 9900 owners because most CDMA providers in the world dont offer BIS.
    09-09-11 02:52 AM
    Yes it does! big time
    thats a first. I wonder if anybody else noticed this.

Planning to do a wipe and start off clean .I'll reinstall one at a time . Maybe its really just an apps problem and not a bad battery .
    Last edited by rafiks; 09-09-11 at 03:53 AM. Reason: spelling
    09-09-11 03:52 AM
    If you don't use social feed, make sure to delete it. I find it helps a lot with the battery life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    really ????????
    09-09-11 04:23 AM
    Just a quick note that when I have quick launch installed my battery is terrible, I have taken it off as well as the social feeds and a bunch of other stuff and now my battery is fine slot better than the iPhone.
    bunch of what other stuff?
    can you please specify?
    09-09-11 04:26 AM
    my battery last about 5 hours then its dead!! i start work at 830am..check it at about 1030..already about a 3rd is gone then by 130 i have to plug it into my car charger because its completely dead! ive only had my phone a week! in between the times i check my phone all it does is sit in my pocket, no wifi on, no calls made, NOTHiN!
    sorry dearie for the bad experience.
    what os are you running?
    09-09-11 04:31 AM
    thats a first. I wonder if anybody else noticed this.

Planning to do a wipe and start off clean .I'll reinstall one at a time . Maybe its really just an apps problem and not a bad battery .
    It's not the first time i heard of MeterBerry causing a battery drain, but it's a little difficult to track when you don't have that app installed. Haha. I still have it running on mine and my battery is fine. Social Feeds, on the other hand, drinks my battery dry.
    09-09-11 05:15 AM
    I read that meterberry drains the battery so I uninstalled. Turns out it makes no difference, so I have re-installed it.
    09-09-11 05:29 AM
    Under normal use without browsing, facebook, twitter; 8am to 6pm i have 70% left. I consider myself light user. Daily email < 40, sms <30, call < 30min.

.261, Japan battery assembled in Indonesia, 95% of the time EDGE (No 3G at my work place). 50% brightness.

The battery does drain faster under heavy usage especially browsing and long talking.
    09-09-11 05:32 AM
    It certainly sounds like some people are turning their BlackBerry smartphones into dumbphones for the sake of saving an hour or two of battery life! If you're not using social apps, GPS, QuickLaunch et. al., what are you doing with a BlackBerry, or any smartphone for that matter? Just buy a cheap flip phone and be happy with your days of charging power. I bought a 9930 for what it can do, like mail, SMS, BBM, weather, twitter, FB, etc. I'm having more than satisfactory battery life with T4BB and BerryWeather refreshing every 30 minutes, FB every hour, running Foursquare and Meterberry in the background, and GPS and wifi always on. Perhaps you need to exchange your battery if it's as bad as some have indicated, but don't throw the baby out with the bath water!
    rrrebo and jon4400 like this.
    09-09-11 05:40 AM
    So....to all my crackberry brothers and sisters.... I repeat my question. What battery problem???????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You're absolutely right. The over-whelming majority of users (not just world-wide, even in this forum made for nitpickers) do not have a battery problem.

The reason for all the din is firstly that those not having a problem stay silent while those that do suffer make the MOST noise. And secondly some do not start their complaint by saying "I have noticed this problem on MY PHONE". They say "THE BOLD 9900 HAS A BATTERY PROBLEM!!!"

Those that don't have any such problem can't be bothered to constantly naysay, and those that look in on this forum from the outside are led to believe it is endemic to the device, rather than a few lemons and/or user-error.

Imagine how many Ford cars fail to start on a cold winter's morning - for whatever reason. Do you see posts saying "Ford cars have battery problems", or something more sensible and specific?
    Last edited by simsim1000; 09-09-11 at 05:55 AM.
    09-09-11 05:41 AM
    it's not the first time i heard of meterberry causing a battery drain, but it's a little difficult to track when you don't have that app installed. Haha. I still have it running on mine and my battery is fine. Social feeds, on the other hand, drinks my battery dry.
    does "battery watch" drain battery too?
    09-09-11 08:13 AM
    i read that meterberry drains the battery so i uninstalled. Turns out it makes no difference, so i have re-installed it.
    :d:d:d:d:d
    different tales from different folk....
    09-09-11 08:14 AM
    it certainly sounds like some people are turning their blackberry smartphones into dumbphones for the sake of saving an hour or two of battery life! If you're not using social apps, gps, quicklaunch et. Al., what are you doing with a blackberry, or any smartphone for that matter? Just buy a cheap flip phone and be happy with your days of charging power. I bought a 9930 for what it can do, like mail, sms, bbm, weather, twitter, fb, etc. I'm having more than satisfactory battery life with t4bb and berryweather refreshing every 30 minutes, fb every hour, running foursquare and meterberry in the background, and gps and wifi always on. Perhaps you need to exchange your battery if it's as bad as some have indicated, but don't throw the baby out with the bath water!
    straight and sharp. I like your fire.
    09-09-11 08:16 AM
    you're absolutely right. The over-whelming majority of users (not just world-wide, even in this forum made for nitpickers) do not have a battery problem.

The reason for all the din is firstly that those not having a problem stay silent while those that do suffer make the most noise. And secondly some do not start their complaint by saying "i have noticed this problem on my phone". They say "the bold 9900 has a battery problem!!!"

those that don't have any such problem can't be bothered to constantly naysay, and those that look in on this forum from the outside are led to believe it is endemic to the device, rather than a few lemons and/or user-error.

Imagine how many ford cars fail to start on a cold winter's morning - for whatever reason. Do you see posts saying "ford cars have battery problems", or something more sensible and specific?
    i am absolutely speechless.
    09-09-11 08:18 AM
    I hear WiFi is good for the battery when connected (as it doesn't have to go through the wireless network and NOC), but when its not connected, it drains battery because its 'searching' for networks.

And for my post, i'm on VZW .254
    SmartWiFi works really well in this regard.
    09-09-11 08:24 AM
    I have Socialscope's refresh rate set to Auto, which seems to do a pretty good job of managing battery drain, and BeWeather set to 1 hour. I use SmartWifi, and I use wifi at home 100% of the time. I'm a wifi *****. I use it wherever I can find a good signal. Home, my pub, friends' houses, restaurants.

Agent 99 lives in a Commuter case in an OEM 9000 holster. The sleeper magnet works just fine. When I go to bed, I put her into Bedside Mode, then tuck her into the holster for the night.

I'm averaging 1-2% higher drain than my 9700 on OS6, which is about even considering the 99's smaller mah battery capacity.

Apps I have running at all times:

• Tiny Meter (best free battery app ever, it's only 27k! Tiny!)
    • Socialscope
    • BeWeather (push alerts on, in Florida, during hurricane season. I get a lot of alerts!)
    • BBM (2 very active groups)
    • WhatsApp
    • SmartWifi
    • BlackBerry Protect (not really in use, but installed and set to weekly backups, wifi-only)
    • GPS location services enabled
    • 4 email accounts (steady but not heavy use)

If you are experiencing poor battery life, look at your usage patterns and try changing your habits to see if they affect it. Try reloading or upgrading your OS. 7.0.0.353 is widely recognized as having better battery life than .261. If nothing seems to help, exchange your device or battery.
    09-09-11 09:20 AM
    I found it to consume double the battery life which 261 uses. I downgraded to 261 within 1 day! 353 is horrible.
    You are one of the few reporting this, as far as I have seen. Just goes to show that things may work differently for different people on different devices. It shouldn't, but it does.

It comes down to each of us learning our personal devices' quirks and habits, and adjusting to them accordingly.
    09-09-11 09:35 AM
    Nof99: It might be. How is your H+ reception in Qatar? Weak signal in your location can drastically reduce battery life, as your BB will drop to EDGE and constantly be scanning for an H+ signal to pick up.
    09-09-11 09:59 AM
    I received my 9930 two days ago and the battery for me is amazing. No problems whatsever and I also have to say this device is all I need! It's perfect and it really makes the Playbook work well bridged. I thought the 9650 was a great device with great battery life, well the 9930 and Playbook combo blows them away. It's perfect for me. Only bad thing is Crackberry forums might just be a thing of the past. I want for nothing more.
    09-09-11 10:17 AM
    i have the 7.0.0.241, i tried updating it when i got it but it says theres no updates available. i have good coverage in my area, my co worker also has sprint and her phone lasts all day, she doesnt have a blackberry tho!
    09-09-11 10:40 AM
    i have the 7.0.0.241, i tried updating it when i got it but it says theres no updates available. i have good coverage in my area, my co worker also has sprint and her phone lasts all day, she doesnt have a blackberry tho!
    OTA updates will only offer you official releases from your carrier. I never use OTA update, because I never run an official AT&T OS on my device. If you want something newer that your carrier hasn't yet approved, you'll have to sideload it.
    Norcalbaby7o7 likes this.
    09-09-11 10:53 AM
    100% charged at 6:30am dead by 5pm
    I use twitter, the score .. i still find it ridiculous , i think it's a problem with my phone, not sure whom i should call to get a new one for my 'defective' one. Rogers?
    09-09-11 06:52 PM
    100% charged at 6:30am dead by 5pm
    I use twitter, the score .. i still find it ridiculous , i think it's a problem with my phone, not sure whom i should call to get a new one for my 'defective' one. Rogers?
    Make sure you don�t have those apps running in the background � they drain your battery. Weather, Score, etc. � many of them keep trying to refresh the data. Hitting the �back� key does not close them.
    09-09-11 07:52 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD