So I've had a 9900 sitting in my office for about a week. It's a Rogers unit that came with 7.0.0.261. We're in the industry and own quite a few stores so there's always a huge selection of phones lying around at our head office... iPhones, androids, BBs. For that reason.... I don't really go gaga every-time a new phone is launched. This one was a little special to me because I've been eagerly awaiting a BB that was something different... not the same old creaky plastic (I'm talking physically... performance wise-- I've always loved BBs. They do what they do so well).
    I left the phone sitting around until I had the time to set it up right. I wanted to eliminate all the stuff I can't stand and customize it the way I like it ( the long way since everyone recommended NOT doing a simple device swap).
    I Finally set it up last night. fully charged it. and did my day today. Here goes.......
    -65 txt messages
    -46 emails
    -wifi on
    -Bluetooth on
    -36 mins of talk
    -checked the security cams of my home and a couple of our stores a few times ( I do that with an app called DW-Digital Watchdog)
    - did almost no browsing
    - did no bbm

Phone was taken off the dock at 7:30am..... at 6pm with all the above, I was at 60% batt.
    I don't do face book and twitter and all that so I deleted the social feeds app and such so maybe that helps.
    So....to all my crackberry brothers and sisters.... I repeat my question. What battery problem???????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-11 05:29 PM
    I'm not having battery issues either.

My phone usually lasts a full day (out at around 8am, just reaching yellow around midnight, sometimes later).

I don't do as much text/email as you (and I'm not on the phone as much talking-wise), but I do browse a good amount, use BBM a lot and the whole facebook/twitter/social feeds thing. I also take pics (and sometimes video) And i'm using app throughout the day...

No real battery problems at all though!
    09-08-11 05:36 PM
    Just because you haven't had a problem doesn't mean you can deny the fact that others are having problems with their battery. You got a phone with a good battery, congratulations. Was this thread really necessary? Theres a bunch of other threads out there that you could have posted in. But anyway, congratulations on your purchase. It's good to see that some people get good battery life out there and it isnt just the phones drawing a lot of power.
    rafiks and emirozmen like this.
    09-08-11 05:37 PM
    From what ive gathered from my browsing of the forum, .261 is very good with your battery. if you were to upgrade I think you'd notice the difference!

Was your Wifi connected or did you just have it turned on?

Ive noticed my battery is great at home when connected to my Wifi, but when I am somewhere with a really bad signal the battery runs down really quickly.
    09-08-11 05:40 PM
    From what ive gathered from my browsing of the forum, .261 is very good with your battery. if you were to upgrade I think you'd notice the difference!

Was your Wifi connected or did you just have it turned on?

Ive noticed my battery is great at home when connected to my Wifi, but when I am somewhere with a really bad signal the battery runs down really quickly.
    I hear WiFi is good for the battery when connected (as it doesn't have to go through the wireless network and NOC), but when its not connected, it drains battery because its 'searching' for networks.

And for my post, i'm on VZW .254
    09-08-11 05:41 PM
    I agree with you 100%

I have had my 9930 from VerizonWireless for 3 weeks now, not once have I had to carry a charger with me. I unplug at 6:15 every morning and don't plug in sometimes til midnight. use about 75-100 texts a day, browse the internet for atleast 15-20 min, send 5-10 emails, use twitter and facebook; plus I am in a low coverage area. I haven't been using bbm to much and don't have wifi at work so I am always on the 3g, unless I am at home (which isn't very often). at the end of the day I am usually at 40-45% battery life. my 9930 will last far longer than any of my co-workers with an android phone, and will last a good 15hours longer than my old motorola droid. I am pleasently happy with the battery life on these devices.
    gwzach and yauchunh like this.
    09-08-11 05:43 PM
    My battery wasn't too bad before but now after deleting Meterberry off the phone the battery has even been better.
    09-08-11 05:48 PM
    There has traditionally been lesser battery life on CDMA models compared to GSM phones. I wonder if this is part of the issue at play. Because the 2 devices are lumped together here, I wonder if its more 9930s with poor battery life or if it is even with the 9900s.
    09-08-11 05:55 PM
    Just because you haven't had a problem doesn't mean you can deny the fact that others are having problems with their battery. You got a phone with a good battery, congratulations. Was this thread really necessary? Theres a bunch of other threads out there that you could have posted in. But anyway, congratulations on your purchase. It's good to see that some people get good battery life out there and it isnt just the phones drawing a lot of power.
    Danny....I have no doubt people are having problems. And yeah, it was necessary to write this. Maybe it's my user profile (what I do with the phone) or maybe it's the OS version I'm using. Maybe it's useful to someone. I read all kinda stuff on here before I even opened mine up and alot of the stuff I read was helpful.
    Ted.

DarshOne, robtanz and jon4400 like this.
    09-08-11 06:08 PM
    I'm not having battery issues either.

My phone usually lasts a full day (out at around 8am, just reaching yellow around midnight, sometimes later).

I don't do as much text/email as you (and I'm not on the phone as much talking-wise), but I do browse a good amount, use BBM a lot and the whole facebook/twitter/social feeds thing. I also take pics (and sometimes video) And i'm using app throughout the day...

No real battery problems at all though!
    My wifi was on. I spent about 4 hours in two of my stores connected to wifi and the rest of the 10 hrs out and about-- wifi on but not connected.

09-08-11 06:10 PM
    True but isn't there so many threads complaining about the battery life that could be in one thread? Heck I'm glad to see another 9900/9930 user that has good battery life with their new phone.
    rafiks, Jake Storm and Snafufubar like this.
    09-08-11 06:23 PM
    Hopefully I can get near the same results.. coming from an iPhone 4, awesome battery life is high up on things I expect.
    rafiks likes this.
    09-08-11 06:25 PM
    Danny....I have no doubt people are having problems. And yeah, it was necessary to write this. Maybe it's my user profile (what I do with the phone) or maybe it's the OS version I'm using. Maybe it's useful to someone. I read all kinda stuff on here before I even opened mine up and alot of the stuff I read was helpful.
    Ted.

Hahahaha, sorry... Guess I kind of came off sounding like an A-hole. I didnt mean to, I just reread what I posted and when I typed it I was in a hurry. But my sincerest apologies, I didnt mean to attack you.
    simsim likes this.
    09-08-11 06:32 PM
    No issues for me, great battery life.
    09-08-11 06:37 PM
    No problems here. But others are having some. List of possibilities:

1. OS bug(s)
    2. Bad batteries
    3. Apps that are updating in the background too often -- bugs in apps that were poorly updated to OS7 versions
    4. Poor average service reception
    5. Issues with apps and the OS after migrating all settings/data using DM (bugs in that process)

And of course combinations of the above. The only possibility I think is not credible is that RIM purposefully designed in too small a battery (as if their testing and requirements would be less than a users). So most issues you'd think will be resolved by replacing batteries and also allowing time for the OS and apps to be patched. Takes some time.
    09-08-11 06:39 PM
    Hahahaha, sorry... Guess I kind of came off sounding like an A-hole. I didnt mean to, I just reread what I posted and when I typed it I was in a hurry. But my sincerest apologies, I didnt mean to attack you.
    Cool Danny. Thx. :-).

09-08-11 08:50 PM
    If you don't use social feed, make sure to delete it. I find it helps a lot with the battery life.

09-08-11 09:26 PM
    Just a quick note that when I have quick launch installed my battery is terrible, I have taken it off as well as the social feeds and a bunch of other stuff and now my battery is fine slot better than the iPhone.
    09-08-11 09:31 PM
    After about. A week and 1 os reload, my battery life has settled at right around -6%/hour. It dips below 6 overnight, and bumps to -7+ if a group member rejoins or I reboot after installing apps. 9900/7.0.0.353

09-08-11 09:31 PM
    After deleting Google Sync I am seeing a 5 % decrease an hour. I am so freaking happy. Before this, I was seeing 15-20% an hour.

Its been good seeing other people have good battery life. It gave me hope haha.

So thanks for posting OP.
    09-08-11 09:49 PM
    Just a quick note that when I have quick launch installed my battery is terrible, I have taken it off as well as the social feeds and a bunch of other stuff and now my battery is fine slot better than the iPhone.
    You said quicklaunch. You SURE?? I just just installed it. (couldn't find my activation code cause I changed from the 9810 to 9900)
    If it's gonna be sh!t on my batt, to heck with it. You SURE it wasn't just the social feeds? I don't doubt you at all. just curious,,,, pls explain. thanks.

ps.... maybe it's all that weather option stuff that u can configure. Maybe it's always refreshing. Can't understand why it would kill resource if it's just used as a shortcut for a couple of commands on the convenience key.
    opinion?

Last edited by tedzone; 09-08-11 at 11:18 PM.
    09-08-11 11:14 PM
    Ive had great battery life on my 9930. I do a little bit of everything and I get 25-49 hours per charge. No battery problems here.
    09-09-11 12:42 AM
    my battery last about 5 hours then its dead!! i start work at 830am..check it at about 1030..already about a 3rd is gone then by 130 i have to plug it into my car charger because its completely dead! ive only had my phone a week! in between the times i check my phone all it does is sit in my pocket, no wifi on, no calls made, NOTHiN!
    09-09-11 12:47 AM
    my battery last about 5 hours then its dead!! i start work at 830am..check it at about 1030..already about a 3rd is gone then by 130 i have to plug it into my car charger because its completely dead! ive only had my phone a week! in between the times i check my phone all it does is sit in my pocket, no wifi on, no calls made, NOTHiN!
    20% an hour is ridiculously high. How's the reception in your area?
    09-09-11 01:23 AM
    So I've had a 9900 sitting in my office for about a week. It's a Rogers unit that came with 7.0.0.261. We're in the industry and own quite a few stores so there's always a huge selection of phones lying around at our head office... iPhones, androids, BBs. For that reason.... I don't really go gaga every-time a new phone is launched. This one was a little special to me because I've been eagerly awaiting a BB that was something different... not the same old creaky plastic (I'm talking physically... performance wise-- I've always loved BBs. They do what they do so well).
    I left the phone sitting around until I had the time to set it up right. I wanted to eliminate all the stuff I can't stand and customize it the way I like it ( the long way since everyone recommended NOT doing a simple device swap).
    I Finally set it up last night. fully charged it. and did my day today. Here goes.......
    -65 txt messages
    -46 emails
    -wifi on
    -Bluetooth on
    -36 mins of talk
    -checked the security cams of my home and a couple of our stores a few times ( I do that with an app called DW-Digital Watchdog)
    - did almost no browsing
    - did no bbm

Phone was taken off the dock at 7:30am..... at 6pm with all the above, I was at 60% batt.
    I don't do face book and twitter and all that so I deleted the social feeds app and such so maybe that helps.
    So....to all my crackberry brothers and sisters.... I repeat my question. What battery problem???????

uhn !!!

there is no way i will have a BB and not use IMs and other social apps.

why will i buy such an expensive phone and disable/turn off those stuff?
    09-09-11 02:46 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD