Hi guys,

I am just try to get the bottom of this.

I was going back to my 9900 last week as I was travelling so I can take advantage on the 10MB per day data allowance when I was abroad. I had a BIS with my mobile Network and the phone was showing G in uppercase and BB icon next to it so everything seems fine and I can set up/send and receive emails and use the Appworld but nothing else works when I am on mobile network only ie whatsapp, twitter and internet (all fine when I am on wifi)

Anyway, Now I am back to the UK and back to my Q10, so I decided to get a pay as you go sim to test the phone and see what is going on. I got a sim and have NO BIS with it but when I turn the phone on it still show 3G in uppercase and BB icon next to it. I am 99.9999% sure if you don't have BIS with you mobile network,you will only see 3g in lowercase and no bb icon.

What is going on? a fault phone?

any idea?

Cheers
    07-22-14 08:21 AM
    Have you tried a factory reset? Sounds like the OS has gone corrupted after some time. Unless the pay as you go SIM has BIS pre activated (I do believe the UK has PAYG BIS service?)
    07-22-14 12:16 PM
    I have my 9900 on a "NON BIS plan with data" and I can surf the internet. I DO get 3G (4G in my case since i'm in the usa) and I DO NOT have BIS. I can't check my email and BBM does NOT work. (facebook and twitter will also not work)

But I can surf the internet using the standard browser and some programs (pandora music, and opera browser) work just fine (I'm sure other programs will work also)

So it IS possible to have internet on your BBOS device but NOT have a lot of what we have with BIS working.

Does that explain things?
    07-23-14 07:52 PM