9900 should have been released after RIMM saw Motorola BB clone.

Verizon has some BB clone and Sprint just got one 2 called Motorola XPRT and the keyboard looks just like the BB Bold 9700. They also have the Samsung replenish which looks like a BB 2. RIMM should have released the 9900 as soon as this phone was released.
    06-29-11 12:20 AM
    why?

have you ever heard of ANYONE boasting about a droid pro?
    johnmarki, barrist and dcburke789 like this.
    06-29-11 01:14 AM
    I know this is a Blackberry forum and you'll get some bias responses, but anyone would be crazy to like the Droid Pro or Samsung Replenish over a Bold 9900. The Bold has a classic, iconic design that can't be replicated.

The other phones look like bad attempts at taking RIMs market. IMO they look like old Windows Mobile smartphones.
    johnmarki likes this.
    06-29-11 01:55 AM
    I owned a Droid Pro for a while and the battery life was HORRIBLE. Even with the extended battery there were days where I struggled to make it through the day on a single charge despite the fact that I'm not what most would consider a power user.
    06-29-11 06:32 AM
    Motorola has been struggling to make anything decent.
    06-29-11 06:53 AM
    Two of my cousins have droid pro's and when they tinkered with my 9650 they were jealous! (of my 9650!!!) their Droid pro has horrible keyboard to screen lag, and felt so awkward physically it was sad. Also, I dont think it would be a great decision just to push a phone to market just b/c another company is trying to "bite" your style. RIM is doing the right thing by making sure this phone is solid physically, aesthetically, and software wise. I have a feeling that the 9900/9930 will bring back a glimpse of the glory days for BlackBerry (at least for me). I cant wait!
    Last edited by johnmarki; 06-29-11 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Spelling
    06-29-11 07:21 AM
    No, it should be released when it's ready. Period.
    dcburke789 likes this.
    06-29-11 08:32 AM
    why?

have you ever heard of ANYONE boasting about a droid pro?
    I heard an ad on a commercial. Hahaa

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-11 09:23 AM
    Shouldn't RIM be suing Motorola for using the Bold style keyboard? I've seen a few Motorola phones with that.
    06-29-11 09:24 AM
    Shouldn't RIM be suing Motorola for using the Bold style keyboard? I've seen a few Motorola phones with that.
    All I have to say is ................ enough with the suing over every little thing esp. in this country!

Done.
    06-29-11 09:27 AM
    Droid Pro isn't really a massive seller. So rushing the release simply because of that phone makes no sense...
    06-29-11 02:17 PM
    I owned a Droid Pro for a while and the battery life was HORRIBLE. Even with the extended battery there were days where I struggled to make it through the day on a single charge despite the fact that I'm not what most would consider a power user.
    That's exactly the reason I turned in my EVO 4G - I was getting under 4 hours with no apps running.....
    ....Eventually a larger battery came out for the 4G and that allows for an all day pwr user.
    ....But the phone ends up being practical joke big.

Went back to a BB 9650 which I will put out to pasture once the new Bold touch is available....
    ...It would be nice to see some good battery tests for the new BB.
    06-29-11 04:56 PM
    I picked up a Pro at Union Station simply because I was bored one day while waiting for the train....let me say, that keyboard is the sorriest attempt at a BB keyboard ever.
    No comparison.
    06-29-11 05:05 PM
    I think RIM has had a chokehold on the QWERTY keyboard for a long time now and all the manufacturers are too busy doing touchscreen phones to really develop a competing keyboard so the motorola ones won't loosen that grip. It would sure be nice to see a release of the new, and ready, bolds soon though!

06-29-11 05:31 PM
    I think RIM has learned their lesson...
    Don't think we will see them being goaded into releasing a semi-complete device anytime soon (I hope at least)
    07-03-11 10:47 PM
    The Droid Pro and Xprt are the transvestites of the Smartphone world. Looks pretty nice at first , but once you get the wrapper off, you end up with something else, entirely. And some surprises aren't good ones.

johnmarki and simsim like this.
    07-04-11 01:00 AM
    Clone? Seriously? Those are anything but smartphones. They are utterly ugly.
    07-04-11 03:32 AM
    RIM has a lot of stuff to kick it's self in the **** for, but I am willing to bet that the "Motorola Clone" is not one of them! LOL
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 07-04-11 at 06:59 AM.
    howarmat and johnmarki like this.
    07-04-11 06:45 AM
    Someone on this thread wrote: It should be released when it is ready.

That is ridiculous. That comment makes it seem like RIM is a new company that just started making software and hardware. I love how Apple always has a new product, once it is unveiled, it is almost available a week later or a month later. The BB Bold 9900 seems like it was announced 6 months ago by the time it is officially released in AUg or Sept. 6 months is a long time to wait for a phone release. They might as well announce the device "when it is ready". Everyone knows OS7 is just another re-hash of OS6/OS5 with icons that aren't see-through and some minor tweaks and facelifts here and there.

That doesn't take a lot of work! HURRY UP RIM!
    07-05-11 08:22 AM
    Someone on this thread wrote: It should be released when it is ready.

That is ridiculous. That comment makes it seem like RIM is a new company that just started making software and hardware. I love how Apple always has a new product, once it is unveiled, it is almost available a week later or a month later. The BB Bold 9900 seems like it was announced 6 months ago by the time it is officially released in AUg or Sept. 6 months is a long time to wait for a phone release. They might as well announce the device "when it is ready". Everyone knows OS7 is just another re-hash of OS6/OS5 with icons that aren't see-through and some minor tweaks and facelifts here and there.

That doesn't take a lot of work! HURRY UP RIM!
    Oh, and Apple isn't a rehash of almost exactly what they released 4+ years ago with a few tweaks here and there, and generally, even the same icons? Like the iPhone isn't just an iPod that makes phone calls, or the iPad isn't just an iPod that requires luggage?

07-05-11 08:56 AM
    I really like my Droid Pro. Yes, there are some things I don't like but that can be said no matter what platform I'm on. At the moment, the Droid Pro is the only candy-bar device with a workable qwerty keypad and good web browsing. Yes, the BB 9650 keyboard is better, but the DP keyboard works well enough. The negatives about the Droid Pro are far outweighed by the positives. I had a 9650 for almost a year and it's negatives far outweigh the positives. Things like taking several minutes to download and install an app, constant hourglass waiting, 5+ minute boots. Don't even get me started on the browsing. It's absolutely pathetic on the 9650.

Hopefully the 9930 can cure those problems, but for now, the Droid Pro is absolutely the best device for me.
    07-05-11 09:49 AM
    No, it should be released when it's ready. Period.
    Lets see how ready the 9900 will be when it's released.
    07-05-11 07:38 PM
    What about the motorola Charm, haha!

Nobody will beat BB's candy bar smartphones. Yep, said ever....would have happened by now IMO.

The pro is decent, but still pails in many aspects to the new 9900 coming out.

07-05-11 08:53 PM
    My curve died... not happy (on the sprint network) bought the XPRT (30 day return policy falls in line with the August 21 release date just incase)

I honestly LOVE the XPRT... I dragged and dragged until that curve was UNUSABLE. I have been using BB for 4 years now and have to have a business style phone. This thing runs my social media like a champ... has all my emails inline very easily and Droid App world is a thing of beauty

I will tell you what having a touch screen WITH a keyboard (not a slider but an actual keyboard) is the stuff of legend.

I will go by my Sprint store and check out the BBB Touch when it comes out but after 3 days of the XPRT I have to say I DO NOT miss my curve... it always crashed, the web browser was slow etc etc...

I almost feel like an adulterous heathen here but I dont miss my curve one bit... I have had no missteps with the XPRT as of yet If I do I will post whether or not I exchange in 30 days or not.

Just wanted to post an honest review nothing is going to beat what I feel a Bold touch can bring but for someone in a tight spot the XPRT is actually a really good phone guys.
    08-08-11 10:55 PM
    Honestly the current Curve is not good at all compared to anything out there, the 9700/9780/Torch are okay, but not great. The new phones ARE great, so don't compare a new Android phone to a two year old BB and expect anything less.
    08-08-11 11:39 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD