Since I'm on my BB I won't quote each post. But I'll speak to FFC's

I don't know how many of you are in corporate environments, but I'll share something I was reminded about today seeing yet another laptop sticky noted.

With many notebooks coming with built in FFC's one of the popular notebook accessories is a sticky note ripped to about 1" x 1"

When asked what it is for the answer is always "I don't want people watching me work"
    You can explain till you are blue in the face about no one is watching but in big brother corporate world everything you do might be watched, read, recorded

I can actually believe a topic like this came up in a round table talk about this line of BB's.
    Is it worth putting the FFC in before we've built all the provisions into the management tools? Are the servers for bbm ready for the added load? What do our corporate customers want? Do we need 3 99xx's. Ffc/rfc, rfc only, no cam

The bold needs to recapture the business market. I really truly believe ffc is not worth the added cost
    YET!

I'm sure I'd use it if I had it. I've used Videochat on my playbook 6 or 8 times, though the funny thing is usually its been muted and we bbm to talk since radios are going. Or lots of people are around, or in one case one of us was in a boat engine compartment and the other was on a computer using Mercnet to find an answer

I just Don't think the Blackberry userbase is FFC ready yet, let's see as more use playbooks and RIM gets the videochat kinks worked out AND they figure out a bettet compression algorithm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    quellerie and john_v like this.
    07-11-11 06:09 PM
    i and i think some other people do want a FFC. Please dont speak for MY wants. kthxbai
    Well I speak for woman and mankind alike when I say you might want a ffc but everyone else doesn't want you to have a ffc

curlyt1 and howarmat like this.
    07-11-11 06:27 PM
    A FFC is very intrusive in my opinion.I had a HTC EVO with one and I used it twice. I saw the person and what they were wearing and doing while speaking to me and I realized TMI!!! If I want to see you I will meet up with you. With a FFC people will now think twice before picking up the phone to make sure the surroundings are not embrassing. Yes some people travel and need to stay in touch but guess what 99.9999991% of laptops carry one and dare I say that a lot of us now also own a tablet. The FFC on a BB will take up small but precious screen real estate that I can use to surf the internet.

When I go on vacation I do it to get away from the people around me....why do need a FFC to bring them closer again???

my 2 shekels
    07-11-11 06:57 PM
    A FFC is very intrusive in my opinion.I had a HTC EVO with one and I used it twice. I saw the person and what they were wearing and doing while speaking to me and I realized TMI!!! If I want to see you I will meet up with you. With a FFC people will now think twice before picking up the phone to make sure the surroundings are not embrassing. Yes some people travel and need to stay in touch but guess what 99.9999991% of laptops carry one and dare I say that a lot of us now also own a tablet. The FFC on a BB will take up small but precious screen real estate that I can use to surf the internet.

When I go on vacation I do it to get away from the people around me....why do need a FFC to bring them closer again???

my 2 shekels
    What?

First of all, you speak like one turns on an FFC, and it rises up and slaps the other person into terrified submission. No one can videochat with me if I don't choose to answer.

And what type of FFCs have you worked with that take up real estate?
    07-11-11 07:08 PM
    What?

First of all, you speak like one turns on an FFC, and it rises up and slaps the other person into terrified submission. No one can videochat with me if I don't choose to answer.

And what type of FFCs have you worked with that take up real estate?
    FFC will need some space to be put in, and RIM very much does not want to make bigger devices, and don't have a lot of free space in the previous line up, I suspect these new ones have even less, so I can see his theory that something would be lost, and that most likely on a RIM phone is screen size.
    Can't sacrafice the keyboard!

07-11-11 07:25 PM
    Well I speak for woman and mankind alike when I say you might want a ffc but everyone else doesn't want you to have a ffc

lol touche
    07-11-11 07:39 PM
    I guy was recent arrested because, he installed software to Mac's within 2 apple stores in NYC; which took pictures and video of customers.

http://www.razorianfly.com/2011/07/0...volved-report/
    07-11-11 07:44 PM
    Personally, I don't care for FCC. It reminds me of the days of when I used to be on MSN. I would chat with guys and most of them would ask me if I have a webcam. I don't, but they did. Needless to say, they showed me their junk. I know I don't have to turn on FCC. I just don't want someone harassing me to turn it on.
    quellerie likes this.
    07-11-11 08:43 PM
    What if they harass you to get your number, or BBM, or anything else? You'll still get their junk one way or another.

Point being, if we make decisions about technology based on the possibility of being exposed to, uh, parts we rather not see, we won't have devices at all.
    07-11-11 08:51 PM
    I would chat with guys and most of them showed me their junk.
    what kind of chat rooms were you in???
    07-11-11 08:59 PM
    I can delete someone from BBM forever, so that's not an issue. I don't give out my number that easily. I have never used Facetime on my iPhone4 nor do I care to. I said PERSONALLY I don't care for FCC because of what I went through. I constantly read threads where people say the BlackBerry doesn't have this and doesn't have that, but the iPhone and Android does. Then get an iPhone or an Android and move on. BlackBerry is simplicity at it's best.
    rulasiu likes this.
    07-11-11 09:26 PM
    This was on MSN not a chat room. They turned their webcam on and I got an eyeful.
    07-11-11 09:28 PM
    This was on MSN not a chat room. They turned their webcam on and I got an eyeful.
    I missed the "chat roulette" craze, but have a friend she lives downtown Toronto that said it very much was wank roulette, 9 out of 10 windows were naked men.

I'm glad I'm not a woman I tell ya! so many of us guys are stupid!
    quellerie likes this.
    07-11-11 09:35 PM
    It is amazing how, what started as a great personal review of a device, ended up here. Thanks for the review DawgMan..
    redk likes this.
    07-11-11 09:39 PM
    I missed the "chat roulette" craze, but have a friend she lives downtown Toronto that said it very much was wank roulette, 9 out of 10 windows were naked men.

Downtown Toronto can be pretty rough. Poor friend of yours. Ugh.

I'm glad you said the last sentence and not me. LOL
    07-11-11 10:10 PM

The coolest thing I have seen chat roulette used for was Ben Folds(musician) used it at a concert of his and sang songs to/about people as they popped up on the screen.

As for the FFC I couldn't care less if my phone doesn't have it. I'm thinking the phones after these ones will have them though.

07-11-11 10:37 PM
    Believe it or not, many times it doesn't matter. I talk to quite a few women on BBM and nearly all have been sent offensive content/pics/propositions, etc. There are too many oeople obsessed with, pardon the expression, thrusting themselves into places they aren't wanted. Pervs can infiltrate any chatroom, and they aren't particular about whom they embarrass.

howarmat likes this.
    07-11-11 10:45 PM
    Believe it or not, many times it doesn't matter. I talk to quite a few women on BBM and nearly all have been sent offensive content/pics/propositions, etc. There are too many oeople obsessed with, pardon the expression, thrusting themselves into places they aren't wanted. Pervs can infiltrate any chatroom, and they aren't particular about whom they embarrass.

once again why howarmat should not have a FFC device!!
    07-11-11 10:54 PM
    This thread needs some serious clean up.

07-11-11 11:00 PM

I've had the same experience, and I'm not even a girl.

once again why howarmat should not have a FFC device!!

Bwahaha!
    Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    07-11-11 11:03 PM
    I know we have the obsessed that are ticked that the 9900 doesn't have an FFC. It's time to step on the bridge and get over it. Just what we need, one more battery hogging feature.

In many ways I'm glad tyo have the generic anonymity of an aural telephone vs a videophone. Sometimes I flip the phone of. I can imagine the camera getting activated and someone talking having an intimate examination of my ear.

My truck is my man-cave. I want some semblance of privacy. I can do without someone looking into my private moments, especially if I'm 'casting a vote' in the restroom.

I've accepted that my phone does more than I ever dreamed of, I still prefer that it's a phone/communication device, and I'll keep that on the 'aural' aspect at the forefront.

That said, from everything I've seen, this will be a pretty doggone nice BlackBerry. C'mon, 9930!

07-11-11 11:26 PM
    This thread needs some serious clean up.

seriously
    07-12-11 12:19 AM
    I see a file in 7.0.0.187 called net_rim_api_wlan_hotspot. Is this related or is this for UMA support?

I believe that is for carrier hotspots, as it has been available in all of the OS5 and OS6 builds I've seen as well - and they obviously don't have the capability to operate as WiFi access points.
    07-12-11 12:24 AM
    What if they harass you to get your number, or BBM, or anything else? You'll still get their junk one way or another.

Point being, if we make decisions about technology based on the possibility of being exposed to, uh, parts we rather not see, we won't have devices at all.
    Blackberrys have this cool thing called Firewall, you can block any Pin, phone number or email.
    07-12-11 04:21 AM
    It is amazing how, what started as a great personal review of a device, ended up here. Thanks for the review DawgMan..
    It IS sad how it can go from a 5 star thread to this.

There will always be people who can not be satisfied.

There will always be HATERS!
    07-12-11 05:07 AM
308 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD