Since I don't want to make a new thread just for one picture I'll just reply.

I was at Edgefest in Toronto yesterday and checked out the BlackBerry booth set up. They had PlayBook galore there and I happened to spot one of the reps with a 99xx. He let me play with it for a bit and let me tell you, it's smooth as butter. Like the OP said, nothing like the Torch/Storm series.

Was very close to running away with this bad boy :P

did he make you turn the Radio off before taking the picture??

What Carrier was he on?
    07-10-11 06:51 PM
    did he make you turn the Radio off before taking the picture??

What Carrier was he on?
    The radio was turned off before he gave it to me. He also wouldn't let me take off the sleeve of the device so I wasn't able to see if it was branded at all.
    07-10-11 06:54 PM
    Do you really think I spent hours to make up a bogus story and Photoshop one picture of a Bold?

If you think it looks Photoshopped then blame the quality of my 9700 camera.
    So you admit to spending "hours" on this false story and photoshopped picture?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-11 06:55 PM
    How can you tell if its photoshopped or not? (magswlu picture) just wondering... Oh & just another reason why i dont want to put a case/sleeve on the 9900, cuz it looks like all the other BB's! Definitely keeping mines naked so everyone can see how sexy the phone is Dont worry, i hardly never drop my phone haha
    To be honest, the picture isn't photoshopped. I was just trying to get him to admit to using my friend's picture. Who would've thought someone would use another persons picture & make up a story to go with it?
    Wow, some people will go to any lengths to get attention...even on the internet :>

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-11 07:06 PM
    Wow. I was following this thread and trying ti see where the last couple posts were going. Pretty sad though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    07-10-11 07:14 PM
    The radio was turned off before he gave it to me. He also wouldn't let me take off the sleeve of the device so I wasn't able to see if it was branded at all.

ggrrr they are soo secretive! haha!
    07-10-11 07:24 PM
    It's a legit pic (as if there's an doubt beyond trolls), that's the exact same kind of sleeve my friend uses for this testing Monaco/Torch Touch/full screen Touch 9810 whatever they are calling it now.

Some people!
    07-10-11 07:58 PM
    Something nice to extrapolate from this new image is notice he is on the
    "Frequent" Tab, and on OS6, the Frequent tab places things in order of most use.

The Browser is #2 after BBM meaning the browser experience must be much improved if the rep is using it that much over Messaging.
    07-10-11 08:03 PM
    Thats the best picture ive seen so far. Dam, that looks hot......
    07-10-11 08:08 PM
    lmao that is good
    07-10-11 08:40 PM
    lmao that is good
    hehehe

you look like a loon cause it was cleaned up before you managed to post
    07-10-11 08:44 PM
    damn you mods, cant we have some fun! we could have asked mike all the important questions!
    07-10-11 08:47 PM
    damn you mods, cant we have some fun! we could have asked mike all the important questions!
    Truthfully I can't believe a troll hadn't taken that name sooner

I would think all of RIM's Apples, and Googles Sr Management names would be locked from being able to be used on the forum just out of keeping things clean.

doesn't seem to be the case
    07-10-11 08:49 PM
    So Does it have wifi Hotspots?
    07-10-11 08:49 PM
    So Does it have wifi Hotspots?
    NO!

says so in a half dozen threads, NO wifi hotspot software in any of the known devices in the wild
    07-10-11 08:50 PM
    hotspot seems that it will require to be pushed from the carrier via service book almost. sucks that its not in the leak OS builds themselves
    07-10-11 08:52 PM
    Thanks for the info/pics. Like where it's heading.

My concern is what could possibly use the new found power of the new hardware appwise (aside from browser). Who knows if your new app to take advantage of the 9900's power will work with RIM's superphones (qnx based phones).

Still rocking my 9000, can't wait to try out the new bold.
    07-10-11 08:53 PM
    Does anyone have ANY idea when the new Bold Touch is being released to Verizon??? And also I heard it would also come in white. Is that a possibility??? Im so tired of only black, blackberrys coming out!!!!!
    07-10-11 09:12 PM
    Does anyone have ANY idea when the new Bold Touch is being released to Verizon??? And also I heard it would also come in white. Is that a possibility??? Im so tired of only black, blackberrys coming out!!!!!
    When scanning the rumors, the Verizon release dates seem to jump from This month end, to August month end, so you have 14-45 days to wait.

Also from the rumors it looks like the White Blackberry is slated to launch 1 month after the Black version of it's namesake
    djbabyjay likes this.
    07-10-11 09:17 PM
    When scanning the rumors, the Verizon release dates seem to jump from This month end, to August month end, so you have 14-45 days to wait.

Also from the rumors it looks like the White Blackberry is slated to launch 1 month after the Black version of it's namesake
    Thank you so very much.....Im gettin extremely impatient with this waiting game. They need to just release it already being the original date was in June!!!!

If you hear anything else would there be a chance that you could message me to keep me up to date???
    07-10-11 09:22 PM
    Real siily observation but is that space bar raised up quite a bit?
    07-10-11 09:23 PM
    Since I don't want to make a new thread just for one picture I'll just reply.

I was at Edgefest in Toronto yesterday and checked out the BlackBerry booth set up. They had PlayBook galore there and I happened to spot one of the reps with a 99xx. He let me play with it for a bit and let me tell you, it's smooth as butter. Like the OP said, nothing like the Torch/Storm series.

Was very close to running away with this bad boy :P

Just another thing to add:

Feels fairly light in the hands, but still maintaining that quality feel.

The keyboard is incredible. The feedback on the keys are great, and it actually feels quite larger then the 9000 keyboard. I felt like I could type a novel on that thing. RIM did a really nice job and I'm very excited to get this in my hands again when it launches
    Last edited by magswlu; 07-10-11 at 09:26 PM.
    07-10-11 09:23 PM
    Too bad it's too late for RIM to "get it right". Btw how are people getting these phones?
    Its never to late, the cell phone market has a 12-24 month cycle. One rough patch is an iteration from success, and viceversa.
    07-10-11 09:53 PM
    Every Carrier should offer those
    I think every carrier does. I have one from Verizon that works great.

See here.
    07-10-11 10:13 PM
    I can't wait till my carrier drops these. I gotta admit I'm torn between the 9900 or the HTC Inc S. gonna wait and research and read countless reviews (and drive myself crazy waiting) until then. By then I should be informed enough to make a good call. I hate that Canadian carriers have switched to 3yr contracts. Its either that, buy the device outright, or use a "tab" type program....

Torn? You know you want the 9900.

The Big 3 are to blame for the 3 year contract. It's actually illegal to still have the 3 year contract. But the CRTC won't do anything about it. We pretty much know what goes on between the Big 3 and the CRTC. They have a very "close" relationship.
    07-10-11 10:20 PM
308 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD