I'm running 7.0.0.100 at the moment, I may consider an update after more time with the device.

It's the Carriers for SURE keeping these phones out of our hands!
    It seems these ones in the wild all are running OS's that are weeks if not a month old, saying that they must be in approval stages and the Carriers are taking their time for some reason
    ( I suspect NFC being the reason)

@DawgMan
    What OS version is yours running .176??
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-11 07:54 PM
    I'm on AT&T and unfortunately live in somewhat of a geographically challenging ares for any carrier. I have not conducted any speed tests since I think I'm already at a huge disadvantage due to my rural location.

Do you mind sharing what network you are on? I'm curious to know if it is HSPA and what kind of speeds you are getting.

Thanks and enjoy for all of us waiting sheeps.

07-09-11 07:59 PM
    Thanks for the information, Dawg!
    07-09-11 08:03 PM
    The keyboard is very spacious and a pleasure to type on. The keys are not overly stiff and definitely not mushy. I recall when I first switched to the 9700/9780 I initially thought the keyboard was small and cramped. I later became accustomed to it and learned to use it rather well. It's a nice feeling to be back on the wider keyboard of the old 9000.

To all of you (myself included) that hated the scrolling dock and trays that were introduced in OS 6, where we had to deal with "All, Favorites, Media, Downloads and Frequent". OS 7 has resolved that by allowing the user to select what docks will be used. The screens are easily customizable to eliminate that OS 6 disaster.
    Great news. Awesome on the keyboard, custom scroll doc (which I hate), speed, and screen quality. Any word on the battery life?
    07-09-11 09:12 PM
    I did a full charge before noon and after heavy use of bbm, sms and web browsing I'm at 90%.

Great news. Awesome on the keyboard, custom scroll doc (which I hate), speed, and screen quality. Any word on the battery life?
    market58 likes this.
    07-09-11 09:29 PM
    I did a full charge before noon and after heavy use of bbm, sms and web browsing I'm at 90%.
    Wait so you're in West Virginia...so it'd be 10:30PM there? So you only used 10% battery in 10-11 hours with moderate/heavy use?? If that's right, that is amazing.
    07-09-11 09:36 PM
    It's the Carriers for SURE keeping these phones out of our hands!
    It seems these ones in the wild all are running OS's that are weeks if not a month old, saying that they must be in approval stages and the Carriers are taking their time for some reason
    ( I suspect NFC being the reason)

@DawgMan
    What OS version is yours running .176??
    Speaking of carriers, here in Oz, Vodafone have started a big promotion on the bundled package of a Playbook together with a 9780. They won't be in a big hurry to promote the 9900 - if they have thousands of 9780's to give away.

EDIT: Although, I just looked at the www.vodafone.com.au site again this morning and they are saying their 9800's are now "OUT OF STOCK". hmmmm..... that may mean an imminent release of another model.
    Last edited by kevinnugent; 07-09-11 at 09:46 PM.
    07-09-11 09:38 PM
    The phone sounds awesome!! i like everyone else on here cant wait to get my hands on it. I'm not sure if this has been covered but can you try installing multiple apps within app world and see if the phone is bugged down or if it continues to run like a beast? I've read from several users the thing is pretty snappy and the hr glass seems to be gone most of the times but I'm curious how it would handle multiple apps installed.
    07-09-11 09:38 PM
    Wait so you're in West Virginia...so it'd be 10:30PM there? So you only used 10% battery in 10-11 hours with moderate/heavy use?? If that's right, that is amazing.
    that cant be right...that would mean like 4 days between charges. That is without it on standbye and asleep either
    07-09-11 09:40 PM
    that cant be right...that would mean like 4 days between charges. That is without it on standbye and asleep either
    That's what I'm saying.

Care to clarify DawgMan?
    07-09-11 09:50 PM
    That's what I'm saying.

Care to clarify DawgMan?
    he has had to many pints of moonshine lmao
    07-09-11 09:55 PM
    Let me clarify, I charged the battery to a full charge. Have had the device on since charging using web, sms, bbm and twitter. I just checked the battery and its 85%. I think I gave the impression that I have been using the device non stop since charging and that would be incorrect. I have had some down time, stand by, etc. I think it will take several days of use to get an accurate battery discharge rate.

BTW - Shouldn't you be at Howie's house?

07-09-11 09:57 PM
    Let me clarify, I charged the battery to a full charge. Have had the device on since charging using web, sms, bbm and twitter. I just checked the battery and its 85%. I think I gave the impression that I have been using the device non stop since charging and that would be incorrect. I have had some down time, stand by, etc. I think it will take several days of use to get an accurate battery discharge rate.

BTW - Shouldn't you be at Howie's house?
    haha im only halfway thru work, 6 more hours

3 days at that rate which is still pretty damn good
    Last edited by howarmat; 07-09-11 at 10:02 PM.
    07-09-11 10:00 PM
    you get to cruise Crackberry at work? Sweet
    07-09-11 10:03 PM
    I think I will need a few complete charge/discharge to get a real idea of the battery. I haven't been monitoring the use and discharge rate and do not want to provide inaccurate information. Moonshine is ilegal, even in WV although we do make the best shine here.

haha im only halfway thru work, 6 more hours

3 days at that rate which is still pretty damn good
    07-09-11 10:11 PM
    I figured you'd need a little time to monitor battery life and see how it works out. Geeze, one charge cycle doesn't constitute a real field-test.

07-09-11 10:18 PM
    i agree 1 cycle isnt enough but generally it gets better not worse, so i am cursious to see for sure after a week
    market58 likes this.
    07-09-11 10:20 PM
    i agree 1 cycle isnt enough but generally it gets better not worse, so i am cursious to see for sure after a week
    As I am. I've been hearing that even as this battery is smaller, they've done something with it to improve the discharge. If that works well, all the better.

07-09-11 10:28 PM
    Well as it has been mentioned many times before, the upgrade to 45nm, more efficient processors helps. I guess a lot of software optimization has been done. I'll be happy if it just lasts the entire day comfortably as I charge every night. Lately, I've had to charge my 9550 2-3x a day. I have been using it heavily though, but still...pretty unacceptable.
    07-09-11 10:32 PM
    Thanks for the review Dawg! The 9900 is sounding better and better! I can't wait to get it. Come on Rogers!
    Dawg, what's your address? I just want to steal your 9900.
    redk, DeeDudnath and purijagmohan like this.
    07-09-11 10:48 PM
    One thing I just discovered and really appreciate is the pinch to zoom on the touch screen. Very easy to use and nice added feature. Also scrolling verticall and horizontally is very fast and smooth. I just upgraded the OS to 7.0.0.187.

07-09-11 11:26 PM
    You know, I think it's safe to say that the 9900 is the most object I've ever anticipated in my life.

I'm not sure how my reaction would be once I get a chance to play with one... Orgasmic perhaps?
    07-10-11 12:30 AM
    Dude have you tried the wifi hotspot feature? or still missing?
    07-10-11 01:00 AM
    Yes how is everyone on crackberry but me getting one of these phones!

07-10-11 01:20 AM
    i hope att will come out with the phone soon so i can go ahead and pick one up but from what ive been hearing and seeing soo far people are loving it.... blackberry for life
    07-10-11 01:23 AM
308 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD