Who's your carrier?

Posted via CB10
    My carrier is an Irish carrier
    04-20-17 07:19 AM
    Is anyone having issues with receiving Gmail on their 9900s? For the last 3 days it's been intermittent and only coming once every few hours, do you think it's a BIS issue or something to do with Gmail? All other Internet services work on the 9900.
    I started having issues w/ my 9900 on Monday night w/ BIS & BBM. When I finally got home, I swapped my sim card back over to my Classic. Then I read the BBM problem was more wide spread. Late last night/early this morning, when I got home, I threw my sim card back in my 9900. Got it registered on the network, checked all my email accounts & xfer'ed BBM back over to it. Besides waiting on 3 groups to finish transfefring back over to it, everything seems to be working fine. I'm on AT&T here in the US. I'll be keeping an eye on mine the next couple of days & let you know how it's working. I'll keep my Classic close as a spare as well. LOL. Hopefully it's just a problem that'll sort it self out quickly. Take care.

Steve, k4sqi
    04-20-17 12:27 PM
    I started having issues w/ my 9900 on Monday night w/ BIS & BBM. When I finally got home, I swapped my sim card back over to my Classic. Then I read the BBM problem was more wide spread. Late last night/early this morning, when I got home, I threw my sim card back in my 9900. Got it registered on the network, checked all my email accounts & xfer'ed BBM back over to it. Besides waiting on 3 groups to finish transfefring back over to it, everything seems to be working fine. I'm on AT&T here in the US. I'll be keeping an eye on mine the next couple of days & let you know how it's working. I'll keep my Classic close as a spare as well. LOL. Hopefully it's just a problem that'll sort it self out quickly. Take care.

Steve, k4sqi
    I started looking at Classic's on eBay, i can't stand the gmail issue, its ridiculous, i did contact blackberry and they sent the service books to my phone and told me to update the software on my phone, they said they have released a new software update for OS7.1, however i do think its mostly a network issue because only when i came home and connected to wifi did all the emails arrive and i have noticed BBM is acting a little strange in the last 2 days, i really hope this fixes quickly.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-20-17 12:33 PM
    Is anyone having issues with receiving Gmail on their 9900s? For the last 3 days it's been intermittent and only coming once every few hours, do you think it's a BIS issue or something to do with Gmail? All other Internet services work on the 9900.
    Mine's been fine all week. Zero issues with GMail and BBM which I use daily.
    (You know one thing I miss on BB10, with GMail accounts, there is a "Report Spam" menu item on my Bold, but none on BB10!)

04-20-17 04:14 PM
    No problem with my Google email on my 9900 with BIS, using giffgaff network in UK, today or any recent days.

To be honest Google mail has been rock solid on my 9900 to the point where I now push all my personal email accounts through Gmail.
    04-20-17 04:33 PM
    No problem with my Google email on my 9900 with BIS, using giffgaff network in UK, today or any recent days.

To be honest Google mail has been rock solid on my 9900 to the point where I now push all my personal email accounts through Gmail.
    That's good, i think it may have been a network issue, which is what blackberry thought too when i contacted them in twitter after they did some diagnostics, i have to say BlackBerry has one of the best customer service around, they really do help you. Just out of curiosity, where is your BIS server located? mine is located in the Netherlands, anytime i turn off wifi and browse just with the network connection i'm always directed to google.nl and when i signed into my google account it said my location was in the netherlands and asks to verify if that was my sign in haha.

04-20-17 04:37 PM
    they said they have released a new software update for OS7.1
    WHAT.....

Say that again slowly please.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    04-20-17 11:01 PM
    WHAT.....

I'm guessing 'new' = newer than the OS currently installed on the phone.
    04-20-17 11:50 PM
    I'm guessing 'new' = newer than the OS currently installed on the phone.
    Is it being pushed OTA or is it like laptop cable connection only update? Isn't this big news?
    04-21-17 12:17 AM
    Is it being pushed OTA or is it like laptop cable connection only update? Isn't this big news?
    I don't think so. I think he has an early version of OS 7 or OS 7.1 and was told that there is a newer version (the latest version is 7.1.0.1098), but that 'newer' version is likely from 2012.
    04-21-17 02:27 AM
    I don't think so. I think he has an early version of OS 7 or OS 7.1 and was told that there is a newer version (the latest version is 7.1.0.1098), but that 'newer' version is likely from 2012.
    Had my hopes up for a minute there
    04-21-17 02:47 AM
    Just out of curiosity, where is your BIS server located? mine is located in the Netherlands, anytime i turn off wifi and browse just with the network connection i'm always directed to google.nl and when i signed into my google account it said my location was in the netherlands and asks to verify if that was my sign in haha.
    Yes, Google NL here as well. This is most noticeable (for me) when using Opera Mini and the Google search box, where results are returned from Google NL and in Dutch! My fix is to shortcut Google UK as a speed dial and use that.
    Interestingly, the BlackBerry browser also returns results from Google NL but the results are all in English
    04-21-17 03:12 AM
    WHAT.....

It turns out it was a miscommunication because when they were looking at my phone's statistics it said i was using 7.1.0.7xx so they told me there was an upgrade to 1033 which i actually already have installed on my phone. But there is a national outage on 2 phone networks in my country that are both owned by the same company which might explain my issues.

anon(9721108) likes this.
    04-21-17 03:18 AM
    Had my hopes up for a minute there
    That's how i felt when they told me first, i was so excited haha

04-21-17 03:19 AM
    Yes, Google NL here as well. This is most noticeable (for me) when using Opera Mini and the Google search box, where results are returned from Google NL and in Dutch! My fix is to shortcut Google UK as a speed dial and use that.
    Interestingly, the BlackBerry browser also returns results from Google NL but the results are all in English
    So us european BIS users must all share the same Netherlands server? i actually think google.nl gives better results on some things compared to the irish google.

04-21-17 03:21 AM
    Well, thought I would ramble some more here. So, I decided to switch things up a little going from my BB9900 to my P9983. This only lasted two days with the P9983. Why?- the keypad on the P9983 not even close to perfection like the BB9900. What a waste of big bucks on that P9983! I also hate the keyboard on the Priv (it died and got an android replacement. Keys were also way to small). I also have my Classic but it does not have the same compactness as my BB9900-which means I will not be getting the new KeyOne when it comes out. I do , however at times, switch back n forth with my Q10 which is a keyboard match for the BB9900 except the Q10 has no hard control keys (trackpad, menu,back etc). But, with gsm becoming more scarce around here I find that LTE on my Q10 gets me more signals in more places. Still I continue to use my BB9900. I guess I must be "stuck in the 50's" eh? hahaha. And of course I also carry a second phone (Android) to see the "big" picture when cruising the web, taking photos etc.
    04-21-17 03:52 AM
    Well, thought I would ramble some more here. So, I decided to switch things up a little going from my BB9900 to my P9983. This only lasted two days with the P9983. Why?- the keypad on the P9983 not even close to perfection like the BB9900. What a waste of big bucks on that P9983! I also hate the keyboard on the Priv (it died and got an android replacement. Keys were also way to small). I also have my Classic but it does not have the same compactness as my BB9900-which means I will not be getting the new KeyOne when it comes out. I do , however at times, switch back n forth with my Q10 which is a keyboard match for the BB9900 except the Q10 has no hard control keys (trackpad, menu,back etc). But, with gsm becoming more scarce around here I find that LTE on my Q10 gets me more signals in more places. Still I continue to use my BB9900. I guess I must be "stuck in the 50's" eh? hahaha. And of course I also carry a second phone (Android) to see the "big" picture when cruising the web, taking photos etc.
    The KeyOne is going to be much more narrow than the Priv, i think it will be maybe the same width as the 9900 or Q10, i have the Priv and love it a lot. By the way, have you ever had the P9981? i really wanna get one when the price goes lower.

04-21-17 04:53 AM
    I never had the P9981 but did lust over it when it was first introduced. It looks like a better device than the P9983 though.
    If the KeyOne is gonna be narrower than the Priv then it appears to me to then have smaller keys. It looks good on photos (just like the Priv did).
    My first Priv's only problem (other than keys not like the 9900) was it suddenly stopped working. I got a replacement and the slider was loose as a goose in a caboose. lol. So that had to go. The Priv keyboard is almost identical to my BB9810 as far as size goes. I disliked that keyboard on the Priv so much that I seldom used it.
    Price of P9981 might come down a little but I kinda think this will really go down as a collector piece which will probably cause the price to stay somewhere higher than say a BB9900.
    04-21-17 07:15 AM
    I never had the P9981 but did lust over it when it was first introduced. It looks like a better device than the P9983 though.
    If the KeyOne is gonna be narrower than the Priv then it appears to me to then have smaller keys. It looks good on photos (just like the Priv did).
    My first Priv's only problem (other than keys not like the 9900) was it suddenly stopped working. I got a replacement and the slider was loose as a goose in a caboose. lol. So that had to go. The Priv keyboard is almost identical to my BB9810 as far as size goes. I disliked that keyboard on the Priv so much that I seldom used it.
    Price of P9981 might come down a little but I kinda think this will really go down as a collector piece which will probably cause the price to stay somewhere higher than say a BB9900.
    The least expensive P9981 on ebay.ca is CAD $450. I like it. It looks like it inspired the Passport SE design. But I don't like it enough to part with that kind of cash.
    04-21-17 10:03 AM
    That's how i felt when they told me first, i was so excited haha

People should be getting updates for the 9900 considering how many people still use them. My original iPad from 2010 only had updates for about a year and a half. I kept using it for almost 3 years. My iPhone 5c, they had updates for four years on that model, way longer than any android supposedly, so I'm thinking how hard would it be to just cover some security patches and send one out if there's still 10 million people using this thing,

But at the same time I understand about progress and blah blah blah we know how it goes :-)
    04-21-17 03:41 PM
    That Porsche 9983, is that all exactly the same guts as the 9900 like including cameras and everything or what?
    04-21-17 03:43 PM
    I really want the black P9981 it looks the best. I think the KeyOne will have much bigger keys and they look pretty thick and chunky, the keyboard of the Priv is much wider than the 9810 because its much wider than the 9900, i have gigantic thumbs and typing on the Priv is the best thing ever, i was suffering with an iPhone 6 and it was making me agitated and angered everyday, i do have a newer manufactured model and the keys are clicky which is great but the slider phones can never have the same clicky feedback as the Bolds because the phone would have to be really thick and in the climate of people liking too Thin phones it wouldn't do very well.

04-21-17 03:50 PM
    People should be getting updates for the 9900 considering how many people still use them. My original iPad from 2010 only had updates for about a year and a half. I kept using it for almost 3 years. My iPhone 5c, they had updates for four years on that model, way longer than any android supposedly, so I'm thinking how hard would it be to just cover some security patches and send one out if there's still 10 million people using this thing,

But at the same time I understand about progress and blah blah blah we know how it goes :-)
    Yes there should be at least a 7.5 update where there's added security features and at least the feature for the phone to recognize emojis, which shouldn't be difficult. I love using OS7.1 i think there is something addictive about it.

04-21-17 03:52 PM
    Yep, same guts. Only difference is more internal memory on the Porche 9983 and that is it!
    (P9983 same guts as Q10. P9981 same guts as B9900)
    Last edited by barbarianthemadserb; 04-23-17 at 07:27 AM. Reason: additional info
    04-21-17 05:21 PM
    Yep, same guts. Only difference is more internal memory on the Porche 9983and that is it!
    I would rather have the 9981 over the 9983 because i would miss the trackpad just like i missed it when i used the Q10 for an entire three years i just kept missing the trackpad so much, when i sell the iPhone 6 i might use some of the money to buy a 9981, it seems to be slightly wider than the 9900 which is nice.

04-21-17 05:26 PM
8,754 ... 217218219220221 ...