I played the last three days with my five 9900's and one 9000. Installed some hybrids, added/deleted programs. I need to make sure that in case my primary 9900 fails that it
    has 5 other backups waiting to take its place. lol
    Most excellent info being passed around on this thread and ya, it is indeed friendly.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    02-17-17 04:00 AM
    A little off topic, but while amongst friends ...

Just recently I've started getting emails from CB forums whenever I'm quoted in threads. Obviously, I'm happy to be quoted but I don't really want an email each & every time; and I'm not sure why it's suddenly stated happening.
    Digging into CB forum settings I can't see what might have changed, where there is an obvious option for notifications (under general settings) I have selected 'No'

Any ideas?

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-screenshot_102.jpg
    02-17-17 06:24 AM
    Hi All

Whatsapp stopped working since I reloaded OS. I'm getting 'Not Supported' when I opened it. Any help?

Thanks,
    Last edited by babugaru1; 02-17-17 at 10:09 AM.
    02-17-17 06:27 AM
    Yeah, seems like bellshare's awol for BBOS activation, at least. They & BBW take the money still, tho.
    Which may result in a scam, tantamount to theft !
    02-17-17 06:49 AM
    Which may result in a scam, tantamount to theft !
    Yep. Interestingly, I spent a week trying to get BBW to take my money (set up paypal) on a new Classic... Tried EVERYthing found on websites... Including OS reload, etc. Always got an error (can't recall the #) saying to "try again later". All week long!

Finally, in desperation, I fired up a spare 9900, assigned BB ID to it, and readily set up PayPal as default payment. Then, re-assigned that BB ID to Classic and PayPal has been working fine on BBW ever since!! Go figure.

No wonder BB10 users complain of "app gap" when BBW won't even let them PAY for apps! Reading complaints, & frustrated attempts around it, out on the web, this has been going on for YEARS. Poor devs!! Without a spare 9900, it's very doubtful I'd be able to purchase Classic apps yet!

Btw, I've also started receiving email notifications of quotes... Never clicked to enable the feature myself, also. No real complaint but quite strange.

Btw2: I've decided to fix the old 9930 or move MB just to keep BeWeather pro. (It was THAT good! Once. ) Best to wait till I get back to our facilities but no rush since powering 99 thru batt swaps is an OLD habit... Lol. .

Typing this on that very 5+ year old, "battle injured", 9930!
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    02-17-17 08:07 AM

Just recently I've started getting emails from CB forums whenever I'm quoted in threads. Obviously, I'm happy to be quoted but I don't really want an email each & every time; and I'm not sure why it's suddenly stated happening.
    Digging into CB forum settings I can't see what might have changed, where there is an obvious option for notifications (under general settings) I have selected 'No'

Any ideas?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot_102.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	417633
    They're making some changes to the forums and there are more to come. You should be noticing other changes when you log in via the web interface (probably not visible via Tapatalk).

I started getting the quote notifications too. I haven't looked into turning them off. Is there an 'unsubscribe' link in the emails? If not, mark as junk as an interim measure?

Sent from mTalk
    02-17-17 08:26 AM
    They're making some changes to the forums and there are more to come. You should be noticing other changes when you log in via the web interface (probably not visible via Tapatalk).
    I started getting the quote notifications too. I haven't looked into turning them off. Is there an 'unsubscribe' link in the emails? If not, mark as junk as an interim measure?
    Yes, I had also become aware of some changes in the forums, Mobile Nations are testing a new forum interface, which you can opt in / out of
    http://crackberry.com/our-forums-are...need-your-help

Emails notifications have just started appearing over the last few days and there's no obvious unsubscribe link.

Oh drat, I've gone and quoted you – so that's another email in your spam box
    02-17-17 08:34 AM
    Yes, I had also become aware of some changes in the forums, Mobile Nations are testing a new forum interface, which you can opt in / out of.
    Emails have just started appearing over the last few days and there's no obvious unsubscribe link.

Oh drat, I've gone and quoted you – so that's another email in your spam box
    Right back at ya!

Quoting as a weapon! Who would have thought?

Now that you mention it, I think I received an opt in / opt out email. I'm going to find it and opt out for now.

Faulty memory. It was a different email list from Mobile Nations. I just added BlackBerry forums to my junk list.

Sent from mTalk
    Last edited by Shuswap; 02-17-17 at 08:59 AM.
    02-17-17 08:40 AM
    I also noticed some problems with BeWeather installation of full version. Can't reach ther Bellshare servers. Only free version works for me.
    Just wanted to add to the list of users not too happy w/ Bellshare customer support. BeWeather Pro was one of the first apps I purchased for my 9900 last week. I still have yet to get a response from their customer support. I've tried emailing them as well as opening a ticket in their customer support site. Not on word from them. Shame because I really like the app & have purchased several of their BB10 apps

Steve.
    franzfume likes this.
    02-17-17 08:42 AM
    Just wanted to add to the list of users not too happy w/ Bellshare customer support.....
    I'd strongly encourage you (and others who have purchased) to report it to BlackBerry – you've paid money and are owed a refund. Use the 'contact us' web-form or tweet a query to @blackberryhelp
    anon(8063781) and idssteve like this.
    02-17-17 08:59 AM

Any ideas?

Yes I am getting those extra emails as well, I think it started a few days ago.

One advantage I suppose is that you actually will know the difference now if someone quoted you or if it's just someone else posted a general comment in the thread you are subscribed to.

Apple started doing this about a year ago with absolutely every email you send you get a sent receipt and no way to turn it off that I can see.
    02-17-17 10:35 AM
    So I bought a digital audio player with a wolfson wm8740 DAC. My latest 9900 discovery: it plays FLAC lossless audio files, and it sounds better than my dedicated audio player. I guess I didn't need to buy it.

Thanks BlackBerry. :| [/sarcasm]

Sent from mTalk
    Last edited by Shuswap; 02-17-17 at 09:55 PM.
    idssteve likes this.
    02-17-17 09:34 PM
    Any help pls?

Thanks in advance

Hi All

Whatsapp stopped working since I reloaded OS. I'm getting 'Not Supported' when I opened it. Any help?

Thanks,
    02-18-17 04:53 AM
    I think whatsapp support is there till 30th June for bb7
    02-18-17 04:54 AM
    I had problems with Whatsapp a while back.
    Happened while switching from one Bold to another.

Downloaded from this link:

http://beta.whatsapp.com/ota/

( found on Another thread , posted by Shuswap )

Hope it works out for you !
    anon(9721108) and kid1412_net like this.
    02-18-17 06:20 AM
    So I bought a digital audio player with a wolfson wm8740 DAC. My latest 9900 discovery: it plays FLAC lossless audio files, and it sounds better than my dedicated audio player. I guess I didn't need to buy it.

Thanks BlackBerry. :| [/sarcasm]

Sent from mTalk
    We both bought stuff yesterday involving "audio" 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1487432881.318532.jpg

But no idea what yours is
    02-18-17 09:49 AM
    The funny thing about WhatsApp is mine died in late October and it was supposed to still work until December 31. I did not remove it from the BlackBerry but switching devices caused problems. They keep saying it's supported it's supported, but does that really count as support then?

It seems that anytime there's a switch or deletion of the app and re-download, that kills it.

PS it was Friday night yesterday I think that everyone was recovering and that's why not many were here to respond ;-). Well that and there were about 10 NHL hockey games on last night.
    02-18-17 09:52 AM

Any ideas?

Found the solution: http://forums.crackberry.com/site-fe.../#post12766388
    02-18-17 11:08 AM
    Quoting as a weapon! Who would have thought?
    I quote in your general direction!!

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    Berry Happy 2 likes this.
    02-18-17 11:25 AM
    I quote in your general direction!! Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    lol.... deflected!
    02-18-17 11:49 AM
    We both bought stuff yesterday involving "audio" Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1487432881.318532.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	521.6 KB 
ID:	417690

But no idea what yours is
    This is mine. It's essentially a hopped up iPod (and excuse the home cut screen protector!). Is yours a speaker?

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_20170218_114225.jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-18-17 01:44 PM
    This is mine. It's essentially a hopped up iPod (and excuse the home cut screen protector!). Is yours a speaker?

Name:	IMG_20170218_114225.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	417706

Posted via CB10
    Cool. Never heard of those, never had an ipod myself but I know what they are

Yeah just a bluetooth speaker, Mid-range model and I made a vid this morning to show how much bass it is capable of, I'll post it in the next post....

So do you connect to external speakers at all or do you go the ear bud/headphone route?

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    02-18-17 02:59 PM
    Here is my speaker test, if it can travel across a table on its own, it passes.....

02-18-17 03:07 PM
    Cool. Never heard of those, never had an ipod myself but I know what they are

Yeah just a bluetooth speaker, Mid-range model and I made a vid this morning to show how much bass it is capable of, I'll post it in the next post....

So do you connect to external speakers at all or do you go the ear bud/headphone route?

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900

Earbuds when I'm out, headphones at home. If I want to listen through speakers, I have a stereo with CD, turntable, and bluetooth (and no nearby neighbours).
    02-18-17 06:44 PM
    Here is my speaker test, if it can travel across a table on its own, it passes.....

Ouija speaker!!!
    02-18-17 06:45 PM
8,754 ... 187188189190191 ...