Has anyone got a 9900 refurbished? What is the condition? Is it like buying one brand new? Because i just called the sales line and its currently 0.00 for a refurb. one?
    03-25-12 04:58 PM
    Most of those refurbished phones are from people's that doesn't like the phone or the phone,
    had some various issue's or any other reason's etc etc.
    But most likely all those refurbished phones are then double checked thoroughly inside and outside and after,
    that they are mostly good or even better than a new phone. So refurbs are basically new.
    03-25-12 05:11 PM
    I always try to find refurb power tools. I have DeWalt stuff, which is essentially junk. The refurbs have been gone over and had the kinks worked out. I think the 9900 kinda falls into that category.
    03-25-12 05:39 PM
    Most of the time I have no problem buying refurbished (including technology purchases). I would hesitate to buy the 9900 refurbished because of the bricking issues. I guess if you have a warranty from the providor it doesn't matter though..
    03-25-12 06:38 PM
    I got two refurb 9900s from AT&T two weeks ago for 1 penny each. Both look brand new. Go for it.
    03-25-12 06:48 PM
    Just got my 2nd on replacement. First one seemed fine except trackpad was not flush and slightly raised with a ridge that was really annoying for my thumb.

Second one seems fine so far.

As always, YMMV.
    03-26-12 10:25 AM
    Would the sales rep be able to tell me the condition of the refurb. unit? I want one to where if u put it side by side with a brand new one you wouldnt be able to tell them apart.
    03-26-12 12:18 PM
    They will still be under the warranty so go for it. I spoke to my carriers salesperson the day after I had to reload the OS on my first Bold.

He said if I didn't get it working I would have had a refurb Bold. I don't like the thought of buying a new bb - then it packs up only to be replaced with a second hand phone.

Its outside our powers though I guess.
    03-26-12 12:36 PM
    In most cases there is nothing wrong with them but the thought of it turns me off. Say you go in to ATT, buy a new Bold and 31 days later it bricks, you're sent to the device center and they give you a refurb...it just doesn't seem right but it's out of anyone's control, including the device center tech. The refurb unit, when returned to ATT is sent to Texas, then to Taiwan (was told this by and ATT device center tech). She said they repair the issue and typically include a new case, but not always.

In short, doesn't seem right, I hate the fact that they do it but we're stuck with it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-26-12 10:07 PM
    Some refurb units are better than the original according some people. This is because at least they have tested the unit over and over before send out.

I personally don't like refurb because I think barnd new units are better. Also make sure there is no visible marks anywhere on the phone because there may be some damages to the phone.
    -------
    Sent from BlackBerry Bold 9900 using webkit
    web
    03-26-12 10:19 PM
    Of course I prefer a brand new phone. But I've had refurbs before and they have been fine. Sometimes they can be better than a new one.
    03-26-12 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD