I have been a 9900 user since day 1. Before it broke I was constantly pulling the battery because I ran out of RAM (337mb)

After spending this past 2-3 weeks on CB and receiving a replacement. I have my phone working to the optium for me. I did the following:

1. Wiped the device clean. Uploaded OS7 and Hybrid RC21. I made the mistake of restoring the new phone with the old backup and it slowed it down. Something in my backup? So I rewiped it and reloaded it. I even reentered my contacts, but I would think you could sync the music and contact list. Add my apps I had before with a few new ones.

2. I never used BB Social Feeds so I set up my 5 Twitter accounts and FB. This app consolidated my feeds and also allows me to share the feed to 'all' my accounts. = saves time

3. BB Social Feeds and Twitter uses up RAM in a hurry, so I uploaded MooBoo for my RAM optimizer. When I used it I noticed I had only 275mb available after I wipe the memory. So I removed FB, BBProtect, Ebay, CB and a few other apps. I found it just as easy to bookmark these sites. Why did I remove FaceBook? Anyone married will know that the wife tells you what is going on.

4. I live where there is no internet and ATT is the only provider. My wife's Samsung gets 1-2 bars and I get 2-4. So I read some where if you have the Wifi option on it drains the battery because it is always searching. I assume it is using RAM also, so I turned it off and only turn Wifi on when I'm in town.

Now when I'm working my feeds I have 300mb of RAM and all I do is "switch applications" w/ the meanu key, the run MooBoo. Then return to BB Social Feeds without a battery pull.

I am happy as a clown. Thank you CB for all the threads and info.

Playbook is cheap right now, I might buy one for the 9900 so I can use it till the Q20 comes out.

6 months is a long time to wait, so I hope they get it right.
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 04-27-14 at 12:03 PM.
    diegonei and Soul_Est like this.
    04-27-14 10:38 AM
    Glad you found a solution! Used to bug me to know end, the memory leaks and battery pulls.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-27-14 12:17 PM
    Woo hoo, RC22 coming soon lol.

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-27-14 12:23 PM
    Woo hoo, RC22 coming soon lol.

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk
    ROFL .....yes ZOCSTER is the man. RC21 works great.
    04-27-14 01:17 PM
    ROFL .....yes ZOCSTER is the man. RC21 works great.
    Nah, I started it now Sator works on it, he's the genius of recent. Too busy my self modding for two sites.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-27-14 01:26 PM
    "Consumers" don't understand how emails and messaging works. RIM's is fantanstic.

My wife just asked me if her email was working. So I checked the settings and it was set up to not receive emails during prime time and sync every 2 hours. The best I could do is set it up for 15 minutes. After doing this I went back and refreshed her inbox, 115 emails down loaded from 3-4 days ago. When data was expensive from ATT I would never use text messaging, I would use email. Now I know why it took the other person so long to reply back. Why didn't I know this before?

If you never had it, you don't miss it.
    i.e. My daughter won't give her kids candy. Or eating lobster or steak.........or?
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 04-27-14 at 01:57 PM.
    04-27-14 01:37 PM
    Nah, I started it now Sator works on it, he's the genius of recent. Too busy my self modding for two sites.
    Your still the man for keeping old farts like me interested in the future of BB. I wouldn't have spent 100+ hours in 2 weeks without the input from you, Sator and "all" CB users. Thanks again.

BTW it isn't easy to find help by doing a search bc this forum is old.
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 04-27-14 at 02:00 PM.
    zocster likes this.
    04-27-14 01:44 PM