Hey guys,

This is puzzling. Woke up this morning to a bricked 9900 (from Wind), which was disappointing. I had the Wind .474 OS installed on my computer, so I decided to try and reinstall it to recover the bricked device. It got through erasing everything, and then gave me an error trying to reconnect to the JVM. Finally, after work tonight, I got it to accept the Turkcell .540 (as I read a few very vague reports that .540 also fixes whatever the issue is that causes these 9900's to brick themselves). However, then it booted up and started the setup wizard, and from there nothing in setup would work because it won't connect to the network.

I cancelled out of the wizard to the home screen, and tried manually enabling the wireless network radio. When you press the checkbox, it goes grey (like it does briefly on a functioning BB) but never enables, or tries too. I just keeps showing OFF in the corner. Wifi and BT turn on/off just fine. I checked the SIM card, contacts are clean, so I thought maybe because Wind is a different spectrum, that the Turkcell OS was causing problems. I used JLcmder to wipe, and reloaded with Wind's .474. Same problem.

Anyone have any ideas? I just went to the Wind store, hoping to get a swap, and both "warranty stores" are out of "replacement 9900's" and only have the "for-sale" 9900's, which i assume means refurb vs brand new, and apparently a manager needs to approve any for-sale device being given as a replacement, which means I have to wait until tomorrow evening. I'm hoping to be able to fix this in the meantime!!
    12-05-11 10:58 PM
    Anyone? This seems ridiculous to me
    12-06-11 07:56 AM
    I had carrier warranty my 'bricked' 9930, I was not going to waste time trying to fix. Got to many other things to do.

I am getting frustrated with the 9930, love it when it is working, but when it keeps going down;.......
    12-06-11 08:29 AM
    That's what I ended up doing, still not impressed though
    12-06-11 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD