I have service through t-mobile and have been with blackberry for almost all my life except for a short period i used a unlocked iphone. Im looking at the Blackberry Bold 9900 and have been seeing reviews on the battery being bad. Do you guys think I would be fine with this phone if all i do is text about 100 to 150 sms messages and spend about 15 to 20 per day on facebook my only app i download and use. I dont call anyone, i use a better camera to take pictures and i tend to upgrade to a build that gives me better battery life and get rid of things i dont use on the phone that takes up space and could be running in the background. I know this seems weird I just wanted to know if i would most likely get through a day of use. I usually put my phone on my charger at night by my bed.
    08-29-11 01:22 AM
    My brother has the 9900 and he uses it ALL day long for work. It lasts him from when he's up till the end of the day. So around 12 hours. I think, along with others, that a large portion of the 9900s came with defective/poorly constructed batteries. All it takes is a battery swap and all the users that I've talked to notice a huge improvement even though the new battery is the same mAh. Hope this helps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-11 02:14 AM
    So they buy the phone and then just take it back for a new battery or are they all having trouble with it i took back my new HTC Sensation because i hated the battery life and i remembered blackberry was coming out on the 31st but now i see bad reviews on battery. I am scared
    08-29-11 02:55 AM
    I easily get 2 full days. That's about 100 emails, 20 texts, a few BBMs and probably an hour web browsing. Maybe a few phone calls too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-11 03:06 AM
    ^ people forget that the phone gets less busy from 9pm to 5am unless you're working on a graveyard shift.
    So, yeah 2 days is possible
    08-29-11 03:37 AM
    I get 2 days out of mine as well. 43 hours brings me down to 10-12% tested twice so far. Would just be a boomer if you get one of the bad ones. Also, get the Otterbox Commuter case for it, its awesome!

thewird
    08-29-11 03:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD