"While some had hoped that the BlackBerry Bold 9900 would finally break free from the delays and make an August launch date, that is apparently not going to happen. The latest September dates seem to be solid and the 9900 will arrive then, to an eager fan base that seems to be very excited by what the 9900 can offer.

While it was initially said and believed that the reasons for the delays with the 9900 had more to do with software than hardware, this is now said not to be the case from sources in the north. The 9900 apparently had some difficult to solve hardware issues that took some time to isolate and fix. The issues led many of those involved in testing eval units to have to return the units multiple times for replacement.

The actual hardware issue is sill a mystery, although rumbling about the printing on circuit boards is said to be part of the issue; but our sources tell us that they cannot confirm to what extent this is actually accurate. They assure us, however, that the issues will be resolved in time for the 9900s arrival in September."

is this true? If it is. i'll be utterly disappointed
    08-01-11 04:02 AM
    Seems RIM confirmed Aug 15th for India release. So who knows. Hopefully not true

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-11 05:01 AM
    No one knows if this is true. There are 500+ threads about hardware and delivery dates for the 9900. Everyone needs to believe what they want.
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 08-01-11 at 07:29 AM.
    08-01-11 05:03 AM
    Fan night is the only answer i guess.
    08-01-11 05:31 AM
    Again, the carriers are responsible for releasing the device. RIM is the manufacturer and sends it to the carriers for distribution.
    08-01-11 07:03 AM
    Mid August

08-01-11 07:05 AM
    This article basically paraphrases the N4BB article BlackBerry Bold 9900 Was Delayed Due to Hardware Issue N4BB – News for BlackBerry – leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews

This is what Fudzilla does. I wouldn't put too much thought into it.
    08-01-11 07:56 AM
    second week of august thats what im saying!
    08-01-11 10:21 AM
    Flip a coin, roll a dice, cut a deck, take the square root of your birthday and bake it for 15 minutes....you've got about as much chance of figuring out the release date like this as you have by reading the 80 squillion blog and forum posts on the subject. I'm just going with the flow, it'll be here eventually.

ratchetjaw#AC and 3Dee like this.
    08-01-11 10:32 AM
    T-mobile USA date has been pushed back to September now.
    08-01-11 10:44 AM
    I hope this is true for tmobile that's my birthday month and the wife knows what I want!

08-01-11 10:50 AM
    November for Sprint.
    08-01-11 12:28 PM