Can someone else verify to see if this is a defective phone, software issue or design point? Coming from the main screen with the tray "minimized" to the bottom, if i use my finger on the touchscreen on the narrow band with arrow in the centre to pop up the tray, I can touch the band on the left and right sides and the tray responds, but if i touch the touchscreen in the middle directly above the trackpad it does nothing. If I touch slightly higher than the band, in the middle again, it pops up. Is this a defective digitizer, or did RIM program in a dead zone above the trackpad to prevent fingers overshooting the trackpad and triggering the touchscreen?
    09-12-11 01:50 PM
    they toned down the sensitivity due to scrolling via trackpad people were hitting the screen accidentally. It's normal
    Sharma15 likes this.
    09-12-11 01:58 PM
    they toned down the sensitivity due to scrolling via trackpad people were hitting the screen accidentally. It's normal
    This man speaks the truth!
    09-12-11 02:10 PM
    This man speaks the truth!
    I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me God.....LOL
    09-12-11 02:15 PM
    I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me God.....LOL
    Hahahaha awesome!

@OP Hope you enjoy your phone! There are some little annoyances, but they are easily worked around and less annoying as time goes by! Take Care!
    09-12-11 02:38 PM
    Thanks guys, that was the verification I needed! I'm pretty happy overall, I used to own a Bold 9000 and foolishly sold it because I was tired of micromanaging the 128MB memory, but the bolds and curves i went through subsequently all annoyed me to no end with the slightly too small keyboard. Main beefs with OS7 so far are the nearly empty app world and the browser, they still have some work there. Though much faster it crashes on more complex pages and tends to glitch out while scrolling and pinchzooming.
    09-20-11 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD