Hey everyone... so here is the deal. I have a 9900 which was locked to Rogers and I "unlocked" it...

I came to the UK, popped in a O2 PayGo SIM with BlackBerry services added and the phone works, I can call and txt, and when wit Wifi, have I data. I do not have data or any BIS related services.

I can`t register my device on the network, host routing table, service books, pulling battery, manual network selection etc. It just won`t work. I have tried another working O2 SIM with BlackBerry services, and that won`t jump on the BIS in my 9900 either.

I`ve put my SIM into an unlocked 9800 and it works perfect with my BIS etc, no issues there.

So, it`s not the SIM, it`s not the package or tariff, not my BIS because O2 tech support manually put my IMEI and PIN into my BIS Admin. Everything looks good on their end. And even Rogers zero`ed out my BIS in Canada.

No data joy...

So, I call Rogers, they say it`s only partially unlocked, and since it`s not a full unlock, it`s blocked from the BlackBerry servers. I ask them to unlock it fully, they say I have to pay my early cancellation fee because my phone is still under contract and subsidized.

I then go on the internet and purchase a unlock code, thinking maybe my free MEP2 unlock code was not legit, so I`ll pay for one.

I get a MEP2 which is the same as the previous one I unlocked it with, but this time also get a MEP4.

I do the SIM services, then MEPD, then MEP2 etc. I can`t get the window to pop up to enter my unlock code again.

I think it`s because i`ve already unlocked it.

So, people of CrackBerry... WTF do I do now? I need my BlackBerry for the next week while traveling in UK and dont`want to buy an unlocked device while here just to do so.

1. Anyone have any other insight to why my data and BIS don`t work?
    2. How can I try this new unlock code?
    3. Anyone know how to remove my block to the BB servers�

Thanks! Ask any questions and I`ll be more than happy to answer!
    04-15-12 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD