a strange thing happened to me today?
    I took my 9900 back to the Vodafone store after arranging to have it changed due to poor battery life.
    well I picked it up from the store and switched it on, there was a new icon right on the main screen, which I latter found out to be the OTA (over the air) update icon and it was notifying me of an awaiting update.

I also had a update message stating there was an OS update waiting to take the os up tp 7.1.

well I didnt have acsess to wi-fi and as I swapped the phones instore the only way I could put all the data back on the new phone was to do a backup restore that I had done the night before once id got home, so I left the update unti latter.

on getting home I did the update and imidately did the restore, after I had got everything working I could no longer find the update message, I checked the version and I am still on 7.0.

I have been searching all evening for answers on the net but although there is a page for it on the blackberry site I cannot find a means to download it.

I find this very strange, its lime its dissapeared.

the message I recieved stated 7.1 had the mobile hotspot as well as other stuff, where on earth has it gone?
    01-09-12 07:07 PM
    My friend also got a notice. I got nothing
    01-09-12 10:46 PM
    did he manage to download it?
    ive been on the phone to vodafone this morning but they know nothing.

blackberry uk site has nothing but the blackberry us site has a full page with all the details just lacking a link to download it, as if they are about to release it!

I showed the Vodafone man and he thought it was strange.

If only id hit that button first, id have been the only person in Europe with 7.1.

Ces 2012 has annouched its will be released today, but doesnt say where.
    01-10-12 05:22 AM
    Damn it! Wish someone had gotten it. It must have been a huge bug.

My friend didn't download it either because he was at work. I don't think he got that message again as when I kept checking in the evening, there was nothing there. Wish someone could have downloaded it. I can't even get the leaked version to install

I loved the hotspot capabilities when I had the beta installed. Can't wait for the official version.
    01-10-12 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD