Question: I just upgrade to the latest 7.1 leak and I noticed that the menus are littered with typo and words with missing letters. Things like "Add Folde" on the homescreen menu or "Cop" instead of crop in media folders. I get that these are leaks, but I've never had an issue like this before. Just wondering; it's more of an annoyance than a problem.
    11-27-11 10:50 PM
    It's just obvious desperation - RIM is frantically trying to tighten up it's ship while it's sinking...
    ...And in times like these, when one is that behind - the last thing worried about is spelling.
    ...Let's hope they can get er fixed and get back into the game.
    11-27-11 10:53 PM
    Default Font it's not showing "r" change to another font
    11-27-11 11:06 PM
    It is a leak. Not officially condoned by RIM.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-27-11 11:08 PM
    Default Font it's not showing "r" change to another font
    Thanks, that worked.
    11-27-11 11:21 PM

It most certainly is 'condoned' bY RIM. The only difference between a leak and an official release is that a leak has not yet been certified by carriers. RIM does not distribute OS's directly to consumers, they distribute them to the carriers.
    11-27-11 11:32 PM
    wait what?! a BETA (and a very old one at that) isnt perfect!! wow, ive heard it all now
    11-27-11 11:32 PM
    Post the screenshots of the typos please. Thanks
    11-27-11 11:50 PM
    I never had this issue what so ever. I read so many people complain about this, but it never ever happen to me. I loaded user settings and font perferences from a back up file. Did you do a clean install without a backup file load?
    Last edited by mss-ca; 11-28-11 at 07:38 PM.
    11-27-11 11:54 PM
    It's just obvious desperation - RIM is frantically trying to tighten up it's ship while it's sinking...
    ...And in times like these, when one is that behind - the last thing worried about is spelling.
    ...Let's hope they can get er fixed and get back into the game.
    Above Solution OR Default font... hmmm... Occam's razor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    11-28-11 12:03 AM
    do any of you experience a battery drainage right when it hits about 40 percent? when my gets around that, it dies automatically.
    11-28-11 02:17 AM
    Post the screenshots of the typos please. Thanks
    OP is wrong...there are NO typos.
    11-28-11 02:44 AM
    I just updated to 7.1.

loving the UMA support.. finally. - noticed the missing R's too.

havent tried hotspot yet
    11-28-11 05:17 AM
    Hi can links be posted here or is there another tread
    11-28-11 05:45 AM

Huh? RIM wrote it and gave it to carrier's to test.

The only difference between a leak and an official release is that a leak has not yet been certified by carriers. RIM does not distribute OS's directly to consumers, they distribute them to the carriers.
    I'll never understand why people can't grasp this.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 11-28-11 at 08:29 AM.
    BK_Guji likes this.
    11-28-11 08:26 AM
    No typos in my menus. So far I haven't had any issues with 7.1
    11-28-11 11:49 AM
    i guess many people are just way too stubborn to get something that easy.
    Half the time the carriers sign off on crap, so even the whole "official" thing is sketchy.
    11-28-11 12:04 PM
    I have loaded the 7.1.0.74 on my phone and didn't have that.
    Only thing i experienced there was no mobile-hotspot in manage connections..
    Did some several battery-pulls and some scrolling through the .74 OS leak but with no result.
    Downgraded to .503 and no problems with typos neither.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i have the same problem. my BB 9900 unbrand. carrier tmo.nl don't support mobile hotspot?
    11-28-11 01:30 PM
    The only typo I have found is on battery saver pro, it says monitor wifi and trun off for.....but that has bugger all to do with BB 7.1.....
    11-28-11 01:39 PM
    It most certainly is 'condoned' bY RIM. The only difference between a leak and an official release is that a leak has not yet been certified by carriers. RIM does not distribute OS's directly to consumers, they distribute them to the carriers.
    that is completely BOGUS!! i don't know where you get your info from!! just cause u have a release doesn't mean it's ready to be seen by the public! you don't send every friggin release to the carriers!! you only send it when it's ready to be tested..

LEAKED means that it could go to the carriers or it could not... if it doesn't it's not meant for the public to use..

i can tell you right now the public only sees 1 out of every 4 releases..

I bet the releases are up in the 7.1.0.170's maybe even 200's
    11-28-11 04:22 PM
    that is completely BOGUS!! i don't know where you get your info from!! just cause u have a release doesn't mean it's ready to be seen by the public! you don't send every friggin release to the carriers!! you only send it when it's ready to be tested..

LEAKED means that it could go to the carriers or it could not... if it doesn't it's not meant for the public to use..

i can tell you right now the public only sees 1 out of every 4 releases..

I bet the releases are up in the 7.1.0.170's maybe even 200's
    lol....so what changed between the the leaked 6.0.0.524 for 9650, as an example, and the VZW 6.0.0.524 release?

I'll give you a hint: Nothing. kthanksbye.
    11-28-11 04:31 PM
    Wow...how utterly obnoxious and presuming. You do realize that many leaks NEVER make it the public, right? That will likely be the case with this leak too...then we'll all make sure to come rub it in your face. kthanksbye pigizmo.
    11-28-11 05:59 PM
    no typos for me so far. As far as I know im still havent changed my carrier still hasnt been changed to oger's Wieless ... although at the prices they charge sometimes I want to ...
    OniBerry likes this.
    11-28-11 06:40 PM
    Keep in mind that this is NOT an official release anyway. I think it is easy to update a language pack on any OS build. However, I never ever had this issue... I think try changing the font type of something because these errors could be a bug on one language pack.
    11-28-11 07:39 PM
    Wow...how utterly obnoxious and presuming. You do realize that many leaks NEVER make it the public, right? That will likely be the case with this leak too...then we'll all make sure to come rub it in your face. kthanksbye pigizmo.
    Ummm, it's already made it to the public, genius. That's kind of what "leak" implies. Try to have an idea of what you're talking about next time. Thanks for the laughs though.
    11-28-11 07:47 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD