Got a 9900 from Orange yesterday.

Can't access UMA (although their web site and phone support both say the phone has it). Just isn't a menu option for it on the OS (7.0.0.353).

2nd problem. Can't (reliably) send texts.... strange error messages, including "Requested facility not subscribed" and "Requested facility not implemented". Have occasionally been able to reply to an incoming text. Can't initiate a text exchange....

Any suggestions?

David B.
    10-08-11 12:48 PM
    on the orange shop it doesn't say it has it on the 9900 (there is no reference to signal boost/uma), as you have an official orange 9900, what bloatware/orange software has come preloaded
    10-08-11 03:00 PM
    Jonny,

Have a look here, under "Connectivity" - half way down on the right....

features & specs: BlackBerry 9900 Bold | help & support | Orange UK

DB.
    10-08-11 03:05 PM
    The Orange Shop at Fulham Bdwy took 50 off me (on top of the upgrade fee that will be charged to my next month's bill), as they assured me that UMA was implemented on the phone. Business customer support also assured me yesterday and today that the phone is UMA enabled. The phone is; the OS isn't! Hah.

I spend half the week in a spot that has no mobile coverage and rely on UMA. At the moment I feel like taking it back on Monday and asking for my 50 back!

DB
    10-08-11 03:08 PM

David B.
    Hi, just wondered is there any Orange branding/logo on the handsets casing?
    10-08-11 03:34 PM
    nothing. plain black... only the packaging was branded...
    d-tech007 likes this.
    10-08-11 04:37 PM
    Mine's unbranded too, no text issues

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-11 04:39 PM
    Mine's unbranded too, no text issues

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Cool, thanks for that. Got mine on order, will be here on Monday
    10-08-11 04:43 PM
    Don't understand my texting issue. Customer Service refreshed my service books, but that did nothing. Next they want to do a full wipe and reset, but I am out of coverage till Monday. Boring.

DB.
    10-08-11 04:54 PM

Can't access UMA (although their web site and phone support both say the phone has it). Just isn't a menu option for it on the OS (7.0.0.353).

2nd problem. Can't (reliably) send texts.... strange error messages, including "Requested facility not subscribed" and "Requested facility not implemented". Have occasionally been able to reply to an incoming text. Can't initiate a text exchange....

Any suggestions?

David B.
    The handset DOES support it, It'll be In an update, along with new features coming as soon as the update for BB7 allows UMA Support
    10-08-11 05:42 PM
    No doubt it will. But disappointing that Orange are selling it today on the basis of features that are still weeks or months away..... UMA is/ was/ will be a unique Orange selling point. Another few weeks of patience by the marketeers would have sufficed.
    10-08-11 05:50 PM
    No doubt it will. But disappointing that Orange are selling it today on the basis of features that are still weeks or months away..... UMA is/ was/ will be a unique Orange selling point. Another few weeks of patience by the marketeers would have sufficed.
    it was delayed from mid august, coz of UMA problems, its been rectified in a Update & is being tested ready for BB to push
    10-08-11 05:51 PM
    Well I hope the push comes soon!
    10-08-11 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD