Hi there,
    OK I am moment away from buying a 9900 here in the uk.
    Option 1: to buy from eBay either locked to 02 or unlocked BUT have been around and I know that if I get a second hand one from eBay that I could have a slight problem getting it fixed as I will have to get the order number from the original buyer which may have his deals etc so may be an issue

Option 2: to buy one full price from 02 and pay an extra �130 but have a 28 day brand new swop out in the store if anything goes wrong.
    Also, just had a chat with the O2 manager from my local store asked about the bricking/ battery issue And he said he had a few of these issues when they first came ou but had believed they have not fixed the issue with blackberry and 02.
    Any thoughts on your guys out there and also if you have recently bought a 9900 from 02 store in the uk. And had any issues.
    Please reply ASAP as I want to buy one now
    All the very best my berry friends of plenty
    01-05-12 08:12 AM
    if your pocket permits you go for O2 store one (Option 2).
    you will have warranty and peace of mind.
    little crunch now will save you from lot of crunches later...
    Last edited by infinus; 01-05-12 at 08:23 AM.
    01-05-12 08:20 AM
    i have a 9900 on o2 and i've had no problems my battery life is fine gets me through the day no problem and i always charge it overnite anyway. I'd go with o2 rather than ebay as i've always found their customer services very helpful. Its a great phone great touch screen and keyboard and there's just been an os update so i'd go with the 9900 and o2.
    01-05-12 08:38 AM
    Thanks for the.
    That's what phill mentioned too.
    I have been email for days on eBay about questions, where was it bought from, is their a warranty, and so many questions they cannot answer. Also the hassle of finding out where their 9900 was purchased from and then having to contact that wholesaler and chatting to them etc
    Have made my decision and have a 14 days no questions full refund should I not like it and a 28 brand new swop out.
    Will be making the purchase from 02.
    Bravo I say!!!!!
    01-05-12 08:38 AM
    i have a 9900 on o2 and i've had no problems my battery life is fine gets me through the day no problem and i always charge it overnite anyway. I'd go with o2 rather than ebay as i've always found their customer services very helpful. Its a great phone great touch screen and keyboard and there's just been an os update so i'd go with the 9900 and o2.
    FNTASTIC!!!!!
    I will be going with O2 for peace of mind.
    Can you please tell me how you got the update with O2? Was it on the 9900 already or ow did you eat the 02 update.
    All the best.
    01-05-12 08:40 AM
    I was backing up via desktop manager and i got a notification that there was an upgrade available its version 7.0.0.585.
    01-05-12 08:45 AM
    I was backing up via desktop manager and i got a notification that there was an upgrade available its version 7.0.0.585.
    FABERRYAMO!!!!!!!!
    Can you let me know if you have ad a good reception and not too many regular SOS no signal issues?
    I had one when they first came out Nd took it back due to a signal issues that were SOS nearly all the time.
    All the best
    01-05-12 09:03 AM
    never had a problem with signal the call quality is excellent and i've never had a droped call so it's all good.
    01-05-12 09:09 AM
    Yee haa!
    Have it in front of me but just waiting for the iOS data to stop then will activate the 9900
    Just a quick one.
    I asked about the first batch of 9900s with 02 and they said that the new builds with 02 have a red dot sticker on the box to indicate that it is a 2nd build and should be the best?
    I have just checked the pre installed os and it is: 7.0 bundle 1465. V7.0.0296, platform 5.0.0.496
    The side of the box sas hungry 2 and t looks like the following numbers on the box is made date: 171011. 17th oct 2011????
    Last edited by magician1; 01-06-12 at 08:39 AM.
    01-06-12 08:30 AM
    I ordered mine from O2 in September and had to wait a month so I'm pretty sure my 9900 (and yours) won't be from the first batch. I haven't had any issues with mine to speak of. The new leak of 7.1 gives you mobile hotspot on O2 UK.
    01-06-12 12:31 PM
    Great.
    I actually did go back to my local 02 store as they had a few 9900s in stock that were made a month after the build date on the box but when I went in and tried it, although it was running the 7.0.0579os which seems to e the one after mine, the actual device was made in Mexico and the keypad did not feel as nice as the original made in Hungry 2.....so I ended up keeping my earlir bought 9900 which, although is running 7000296 seems to be ok.
    Don't think it matters too much as can always os update.
    What version are you on and what did yours come with?
    01-06-12 12:46 PM
    sorry bout going off topic here but thought would be best place to ask this without starting new thread.

i got the 9900 from o2 as an upgrade on monday but can't get it connected to BIS. Have done all the usual stuff; battery pulls , host routing table, even re-installed the OS.....still with no luck.

anyone got any ideas on how to fix it before i return it to o2?
    01-06-12 01:16 PM
    I'd give o2 a ring first and speak to them before taking it back I've aiways found them really helpfull

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-12 01:32 PM
    Sorry, should have said I already spoke with O2.....they just asked me to do the host routing table, battery pull and re-send service books. None of that worked.

I have no idea what the problem is coz am using the same sim with no problems in my curve 9300.
    01-06-12 01:47 PM
    I had a 9520 and moved to a 9900 and used the device switch on desktop manager and it just transferred everything over to my 9900 including my email settings

01-06-12 01:53 PM
    The brand new 9900 is running out of the box 7.0.0296
    I know there is another upgrade available but any thoughts on how the 296 performed on your 9900 with O2 here in the uk?
    All the best
    01-06-12 02:31 PM
    I had a 9520 and moved to a 9900 and used the device switch on desktop manager and it just transferred everything over to my 9900 including my email settings

Have just done the device switch...all service books and email accounts have been transferred over to my 9900 now....but still none of the BIS related services are working such as App world and balckberry protect.

Think I might have to give up and just send it back.
    01-06-12 02:51 PM
    I know there is another upgrade available but any thoughts on how the 296 performed on your 9900 with O2 here in the uk?
    All the best
    I thought the battery life was quite poor. I went to .540 which improved this (and made the browser quicker), then the official .585, then .590, and now on the 7.1 in my signature below.

As soon as you connect to Desktop Manager you should be offered O2's official .585. I would recommend you just go with 7.1 and enjoy mobile hotspot. Also it fixes a battery meter bug where the charge indicated drops from 99 to 92% within an hour.
    01-06-12 02:52 PM
    All the best
    Pilchard is right... get off that dinosaur .296 ASAP and onto 7.1

Have just done the device switch...all service books and email accounts have been transferred over to my 9900 now....but still none of the BIS related services are working such as App world and balckberry protect.

Think I might have to give up and just send it back.
    Have you tried logging into BlackBerry ID from Options > Device?

This should recognise a change in PIN's from your 9300, and transfer your BIS services over to your 9900.
    01-06-12 03:02 PM
    Pilchard is right... get off that dinosaur .296 ASAP and onto 7.1

Have you tried logging into BlackBerry ID from Options > Device?

This should recognise a change in PIN's from your 9300, and transfer your BIS services over to your 9900.
    Have tried that also. Get the message "Unable to update Blackberry I D account information while offline"

For whatever reason this phone doesn't seem to want to work....
    01-06-12 03:22 PM
    Hi Phill,
    Fab! So Shall I wait natal it is released from O2 or just go for it via the link?
    All the best
    01-06-12 04:29 PM
    Hi Phill,
    Fab! So Shall I wait natal it is released from O2 or just go for it via the link?
    All the best
    Just go for it... you'll be waiting forever otherwise
    01-06-12 04:48 PM
    Will o2 charge for Mobile Hotspot?... Their Customer Support are usually all over the place :s
    01-09-12 09:17 AM
    Have tried that also. Get the message "Unable to update Blackberry I D account information while offline"

For whatever reason this phone doesn't seem to want to work....
    Have O2 checked that you have BIS enabled on your account? I have a Data Allowance bolt-on called "The All Rounder for BlackBerry" which costs �6 a month on my account so that I am connected to BIS giving 500Mb of data, unlimited WiFi and access to blackberry email.

If you have came over from another make of phone (I believe you did) then they may not have enabled this on your account.

Im on O2 with the 9900 and got it on the day it was released and the only quibble I have is that the battery life is kind of poor compared to my 9700 and thats with me trying a variety of official and leaked OS's.
    01-09-12 09:30 AM
    Have O2 checked that you have BIS enabled on your account? I have a Data Allowance bolt-on called "The All Rounder for BlackBerry" which costs �6 a month on my account so that I am connected to BIS giving 500Mb of data, unlimited WiFi and access to blackberry email.

If you have came over from another make of phone (I believe you did) then they may not have enabled this on your account.

Im on O2 with the 9900 and got it on the day it was released and the only quibble I have is that the battery life is kind of poor compared to my 9700 and thats with me trying a variety of official and leaked OS's.
    i was actually coming over from the blackberry curve 9300, where i have BIS working perfectly.

thanks for the replies anyway guys.....have now sent the device back. It was becoming too much hassle trying to get it working properly
    Last edited by Wiseguy007; 01-09-12 at 11:17 AM.
    01-09-12 11:15 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD