As the subject says. The phone turned off, wouldn't boot. I left it on the charger for a while, and now all it will do when turned on is show a hour glass for a second or two, then go to the bb loading screen, and reach 50% and stop.

I've tried with it on the charger, off the charger, sim in, sim out.... same result every time.

Any ideas?
    12-27-11 04:41 PM
    How can I go about doing that with BB Master Control? I've downloaded it and can't get it to retrieve any data from the phone.

Will I still be able to get my data off the phone? I haven't backed up in 2 weeks and have added quite a bit (been on the road without my cable).
    12-27-11 05:08 PM
    And yes - I've left it for 30+ min. Same result.
    12-27-11 05:09 PM
    see A bricked, Nuked Blackberry that cycles through the reloading process without Berry coming back on. | Facebook

If youre running BB Protect, you may have a more current backup via that service. I backup regularly but also set BB Protect to backup daily.
    12-27-11 08:56 PM
    So if I haven't backed it up there is slim chance I'm getting that data back?
    12-27-11 08:58 PM
    Slim - but if loader can see the device, you can get your data back no problem. Loader will backup and restore it for you during the OS upgrade. Unlike the DM, loader can often see the device when it's in this state.
    12-27-11 11:05 PM
    Is there any loader device that is recommended more over the other?

So far the blackberry master control program doesn't show it connecting, mind you I've never used it before so I don't know howto use it correctly in the first place.
    12-28-11 08:22 AM
    Use the RIM DM install for this - use loader.exe. There are instructions everywhere for its usage.
    12-28-11 08:50 AM
    For recovering the data, or trying to reload the OS?
    12-28-11 08:58 AM
    You can also use BBSAK to wipe it off and then install either the latest official or leaked version of OS. I think it is a better idea to go with the latest OS 7.0 instead of 7.1 when you are in a situation like this.
    12-28-11 09:25 AM
    Try waiting overnight.
    12-28-11 10:58 AM
    Thanks Nash- tried several times, same result.

where can I download new versions of the OS?
    12-31-11 05:53 PM