1. Cynthia Mulenga Chibwe-Muleya's Avatar
    Hie all,

I have googled myself close to death over this problem. My 9900 can charge via a usb connection but not only does it not bring up the option to sync, mass storage or charge, it isn't picked up by both windows and Linux machines.

There seems to be an IT Policy (Secure GC enables). Could this be the problem? BB Desktop Manager doesn't see the phone either. Have tried calfix and BB Storage Activation but to no avail. The phone doesn't recognise sd cards as well, despite the media card support option being checked.

Please help.
    03-17-14 01:41 PM
    First, make sure you are using a USB data cable.
    Not all USB cables are the same, some are charge only and they will cause the device to not recognize it is attached to a computer or vice versa.
    If the cable has the "BlackBerry Spots" emblem on it, it should be a data cable.

Did you get this phone new and in it's current condition, or is this an issue that has popped up out of the blue?

Have you tried a factory reset?
    BB Bold 9900 factory settings - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    03-17-14 01:58 PM
  3. Cynthia Mulenga Chibwe-Muleya's Avatar
    The usb cable I am using IS a data cable. I figured the cables I use on a Lumia 520 and Note 1 were not compatible so I tried a cable that came with a 9800 but still no luck (that cable does work on the 9800 for data no issues).

The phone was pre-owned so I can't be sure if the previous owner ever had the problem or ever needed to use mass storage. I have done a factory wipe several times but still nothing. Even bluetooth pairing it to the pc for DM does not work. It pars with the pc but won't be configured for access on DM. Looks like my best bet would be trying to remove the IT policy but I need usb access for that.
    03-17-14 02:23 PM
    Hum.... I wonder if the 9900 was a government BES phone, with a more "hard coded" policy. With no access via SD, USB, and restricted bluetooth....
    Either that or you have some hardware issues with the phone... broken USB data pin, bad SD slot...

I think your next step would be to contact BlackBerry for support.
    Contact BlackBerry Support - Online Resources - Call BlackBerry - US
    03-17-14 02:47 PM