my 9700 was a gem for when I would connect it to my car stereo it would connect to the mass storage area and play the music through the car stereo. and as a bonus, it would also charge my blackberry 9700.

such is not the case with my 9900 - it will not play music, nor will it charge... anyway to get around this situation?

thanks in advance...
    05-20-12 11:38 PM
    It could be the version of OS your running. Someone else will help here I'm sure. But it does sound like OS.

Sent from my VZW 9330.
    05-20-12 11:55 PM
    Are you able to view your music files on a pc? If not, mass storage is not turned on or working on your phone.

I too switched from 9700 to 9900 and it has always worked in my GMC Sierra; USB, bluetooth and aux input all work, on every OS I've had on the 9900.

As bdguru said, you might want to try another OS. Or, is there any settings on your car stereo? On my GMC I just need to select which input I want to use. Sorry, wish I could be of more help.
    05-21-12 11:00 AM
    Are you able to view your music files on a pc? If not, mass storage is not turned on or working on your phone.

I too switched from 9700 to 9900 and it has always worked in my GMC Sierra; USB, bluetooth and aux input all work, on every OS I've had on the 9900.

As bdguru said, you might want to try another OS. Or, is there any settings on your car stereo? On my GMC I just need to select which input I want to use. Sorry, wish I could be of more help.
    Also hope you can help me. I went to device/storage and tried to see if mass storage is on, when I hit the menu it doesn't give me an option to enable usb mass storage. Enable compression and media card support are on though.
    05-21-12 01:19 PM
    Also hope you can help me. I went to device/storage and tried to see if mass storage is on, when I hit the menu it doesn't give me an option to enable usb mass storage. Enable compression and media card support are on though.
    I think "media card support" is the same as "mass storage mode".
    Just different language since OS6.
    05-21-12 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD