Here's my sad story, I had the mighty 9000 when it came out, that unfortunately broke pretty much instantly, I lost confidence in the device and made the biggest mistake I could have at the time, got the storm1, what a nightmare!!!. With my confidence in BB was faltering, I turned my back and went for the iP3GS, what a balls up that turn out to be!!! I realised just how much I hated the pure touch screen experiencene and made a dash for the 9700, an amazing phone, however the keyboard was a bit small, I thought to myself what the heck, I'll try out the iP4 again and see if I could get over my hatred of touch screen, that didn't quite work out, I got the torch thereafter, a brillant phone but again, keyboard is even more cramped, love it though, I figure to 9900 is where my search for a device I might keep for more than 18 months will end, like the form factor and lush keyboard, just hope its not a dead end OS device as the torch has so quickly proved. Anyone else struggled with devices as much as I have in the last 2 years? Oh I forgot even tried a droid but its not for me neither.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Telus Toronto and anon(73368) like this.
    05-07-11 05:45 PM
    I had the dreaded Storm 1 for 2 years until it broke.. i didnt mind the touch screen, but i fell in love with the Bold 9000 design and keyboard when i bought it as a backup until i could get an upgrade.

So the Bold Touch will def be the perfect phone for me.
    05-07-11 10:38 PM
    My 9000 rode commando in my back pocket for 2.5 years till it got stolen. Sh*t memory but otherwise the best phone ever.
    05-08-11 01:54 AM
    I hope that this (and if not QNX BBs) will end my search for my all-in-one phone. I've owned every iPhone excluding the 2G, BB Torch (two of them), a Palm Pre Plus, etc trying to find a superb communications device that is also decent with multimedia and speed.
    05-08-11 01:55 AM
    The super BB is almost here. I think it should have a big S on its chest... Or battery cover in this case.
    05-08-11 02:13 AM
    Good to hear I am not the only poor soul out there to have endure a lenghty search for a device that fully satisfies my needs without having to make a compromise here and there. What device(s) are you currently using?

05-08-11 04:36 AM
    I believe there are a lot of us hoping this is the ultimate Blackberry.
    05-08-11 08:24 AM
    I wouldn't say I've 'struggled' looking for the right phone, but I haven't stuck with any of my last two much after they were eligible for an upgrade (and with the coming of the 9900, the Torch will be #3). Torch is my 3rd BB, and as much as I've loved every one, each successive model has offered significant improvements over the one it replaced. I'm expecting the 9900 will be the cat's a$$ and I'd like to think it will last longer than a year; but I know me and how itchy I get when the next cool thing comes out. So I guess how long the 9900 lasts will depend on what the QNX phones look like and when they actually land.
    05-08-11 08:53 AM
    Bold 9900 will get qnx in 2012 as an update. Os7 is a placeholder for 7 months

05-08-11 01:50 PM
    Bold 9900 will get qnx in 2012 as an update. Os7 is a placeholder for 7 months

And your source is... ?!
    05-08-11 02:01 PM
    I thought that RIM said they were reserving QNX for their smartphones for now and waiting until they have dual core processors.

05-08-11 02:08 PM
    Ditto for me. I love blackberry the way it is done email the PIM the excellent communication. But RIM refused to make a decent one until now. They're lucky that their competitors haven't caught up to them when it comes to this.
    05-08-11 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD