Sorry for the very precise question:

I a currently a BB9700 user, about to upgrade. I am also a radio broadcaster. We are recommended to use an iphone for 2 reasons: the microphone is broadcast quality and can be used to record reporter pieces on. Secondly, VOIP works very well on it and is now often used in place of ISDN to broadcast in quality away from the studio.

So... do you know anything about the audio quality of the 9900 mic? I am NOT talking about call quality - I am talking about recording quality. Could it be used for pre-recorded pieces?

And is there still no VOIP solution for Blackberry? I really want to stay with BB and upgrade but these two issues are important...

Thanks a lot for your help

Nick
    09-25-11 03:53 PM
    I guess i can record something for you to test.. give me a minute or two. VOIP: currently VOIP on Skype does not work, it uses my minutes (Verizon) and Im pretty sure any other program will do the same unless you can hack it. idk.
    09-25-11 05:27 PM
    If you can be more specific on what app i can use, or what to do in order to give you some details on how well they work, then i will test these out for you... other than that im not too sure.
    09-25-11 05:30 PM
    Voice Recorder Test. If this does not work for you, give me a guideline on what i can do for you.
    09-25-11 05:37 PM
    VOIP only halfduplex as far as i know.
    09-25-11 06:00 PM
    the iphone should be a business expense, not a personal one. get both.
    09-25-11 09:01 PM
    I would like to say that it is, but I don't think so. Here is a video i took a few hours ago, it could be I was too close, but it is pretty distorted. There may be some way to adjust it but I have not tried anything other than default settings.
    09-25-11 10:55 PM
    I know the mic or speakers (I think the mic) cannot pick up the audio from a concert very well! I took my 9930 to a Deadmau5 concert and when I replayed the video later it sounded terrible. It does ok for just recording voice but the music sounded like it was being played out of a blown-up old 6x9 speaker.
    09-25-11 11:58 PM
    I know the mic or speakers (I think the mic) cannot pick up the audio from a concert very well! I took my 9930 to a Deadmau5 concert and when I replayed the video later it sounded terrible. It does ok for just recording voice but the music sounded like it was being played out of a blown-up old 6x9 speaker.

Mic pick up is amazing on the 9900 but it's very sensitive, there should be a way of adjusting it or maybe put some foam over it.
    09-26-11 05:55 AM
    Any idea if it is the mic, or another issue causing the music playback to be so terrible? This was honestly the only flaw I have with the 9930 but until figuring out a fix, is a big issue for me. I go to several football games, etc., and I want the sound quality to be as good as the video quality. Thanks!
    09-26-11 08:36 AM
    I would like to say that it is, but I don't think so. Here is a video i took a few hours ago, it could be I was too close, but it is pretty distorted. There may be some way to adjust it but I have not tried anything other than default settings.
    Here is another video taken by a Nexus 2 from basically the same place. The video quality is not as good but the sound quality is fine.

09-27-11 07:42 AM
    You could get a playbook with stereo mics Sorry I know I'm not helping.
    09-27-11 07:49 AM
    You could get a playbook with stereo mics Sorry I know I'm not helping.
    Oh, I have one of those contraptions and it records just fine. The dual Microphones are awesome:
    09-27-11 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD