Hey there. Long time reader, first time poster! Thought some of the wisdom on here may be able to help with my problem..

Been using Blackberry for a good few years and have had most of the recent models. Picked up a 9900 on O2 UK a couple of days ago and have a strange memory issue which I can't get figured out...

After installing a few apps (ubersocial, kayak, etc - only 5/6) my memory available dropped from 172 to 98mb, which I thought very odd but had no time to dig into. I woke up this morning with just a spinning wheel for a good 30 mins so did a battery pull - once back on I got the 'memory is low, delete some applications screen' and it showed an available memory of 0kb! Very odd and haven't installed anything extra so something has been steadily eating up my memory. I deleted a couple just to get the thing workable again and it went up to 20mb free, then 50mb, then down to 10mb - all without me doing anything!

Anyone had an issue like this on OS7? Before this came about, it was only lasting approx 6hrs from unplugging from the charger to shutting down dead, though if there's something going on behind the scenes I assume that may be a large factor.

I've searched the forums and the internet and can't find mention of something like this so thought i'd ask you good people for advice - i'm running the software is came with - 0.296 - which i'm currently reloading without restoring any of my data/apps to see if I can rule out some of the things causing the prob.

Any help gratefully received, and thanks!
    08-28-11 06:18 AM
    Very strange. My 9900 is from o2 (same software as yours) and I haven't experienced this problem. I've got nearly 12 apps installed and stll have over 200mb free. You can always consider replacing your device given that it's still new?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-11 06:26 AM
    I wouldn't even mess around with it. Go replace it, cause its not normal by any means
    08-28-11 08:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD