Has anyone seen this problem? It is very irritating. The number called is not last number redial. It can be a number that has never been dialled on the BB device. A colleague with the same model has had the same problem, so it appears not to be just a hardware fault.

Thanks for any help
    NM
    02-09-13 02:07 PM
    I have had this a few freak times, mostly its when I connect my phone through bluetoothto my pc or external speaker
    02-11-13 04:54 PM
    Has anyone seen this problem? It is very irritating. The number called is not last number redial. It can be a number that has never been dialled on the BB device. A colleague with the same model has had the same problem, so it appears not to be just a hardware fault.

Thanks for any help
    NM
    Sounds like pocket dialing to me
    02-12-13 06:53 AM
    No it's not pocket dialing at all. Mine has been doing this lately and it's always when I am on a call to someone, the phone suddenly ends that call and I hear a ring tone and it's called someone else from my address book. Thought I had a ghost, glad I'm not alone. Hoping it gets fixed with an os update. It never did this before, started a little more than a month ago.
    02-12-13 11:47 PM
    Strange, I've never had this problem and hope I never do. I can't imagine what might cause it but if it were me I'd check with BlackBerry tech support or your carrier if its under some sort of support agreement.
    02-13-13 03:29 PM
    I think this is the 2nd thread I've seen on this issue. First a friend of mine was having it happen, then all of a sudden it started to happen to me. When talking to someone the call will end and ring someone else staright away. It happens so quickly, from the time I take the phone away from my ear to look at it to see what happened the second uninitiated call is going through.
    I'm on this build (below), haven't downloaded any new apps. Now that I think of it I need to see if we have any of the same apps downloaded.

BlackBerry� 9900
    smartphone (3G/4G, Wi-Fi)
    7.1 Bundle 998 (v7.1.0.284, Platform 5.1.0.230)
    02-13-13 06:26 PM
    This issue is caused by your face or ear.During calling the distance sensor on the top of phone will dectect your head which will lock the screen in case of mis-touch,so when your phone is not touch your head will unlock the screen,and you will mis-touch add new number what you just complained.Hope my explain can help you.
    02-14-13 05:55 AM
    I understand about the proximity sensor when you're on a call, but this is my case... phone has been sitting on the table for more than an hour and for some strange reason, it makes a random call.

Hopefully there's some logical explanation to this.

Thanks.
    08-30-13 02:27 PM
    This issue is caused by your face or ear.During calling the distance sensor on the top of phone will dectect your head which will lock the screen in case of mis-touch,so when your phone is not touch your head will unlock the screen,and you will mis-touch add new number what you just complained.Hope my explain can help you.
    Na, in some instances I'm sure. But this has happened to friends who have been on speaker phone and or headsets.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 02:31 PM