I bought a bold tonight off a guy. It seemed to have just have had a reset done on it when I first turned it on. When I go to the mail setup - it throws me straight into an enterprise mail setup, which I don't want. I want to set up a yahoo mail account, and can't get away from this enterprise mail screen.

Anybody got any ideas?
    02-29-12 06:34 PM
    Do you have a BlackBerry data plan?
    02-29-12 06:59 PM
    Yes i do
    02-29-12 07:07 PM
    Do you have an active BIS connection? (3G with BlackBerry symbol, or EDGE in caps, at the top right of your screen)

If so, try registering your device...
    Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Host Routing Table > (Menu) Register Now

If not, then get 'this guy' to release the phone's PIN + IMEI from his BIS account.
    02-29-12 07:59 PM
    I have never seen any BlackBerry do that before, and I've been on a BES for 10 years or more. Sounds like it was never properly wiped. That can be done, and set back to out-of-the-box factory defaults by doing this --

On a 32-bit Windows XP to Windows 7 operating system (OS), complete the following steps:

Connect the smartphone to the computer.
    On the computer, click Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt. (Note: For Windows Vista and Windows 7, right-click and run as Administrator.)
    Type cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader and press ENTER.
    Type loader.exe /resettofactory and press ENTER.

If you need more info or are running something older - see here:
    KB18998-How to reset the BlackBerry smartphone to factory defaults
    02-29-12 08:21 PM
    I would do exactly what FBA posted. I've followed those same steps to remove the IT policy from my old 9550. The person who had the device before you had BES activated and the policy must be blocking the ability to add BIS email accounts.

Regardless if you had this issue, It is always wise to do these steps anyways.

Blacked out on my Crackberry using telepathy and Tapatalk
    02-29-12 08:28 PM
    This is very common on BIS. You will get directed to enterprise mail setup for a number of reasons...

1) No BB data plan
    2) No active BIS connection
    3) Device not registered
    4) Service books need updating
    5) PIN + IMEI not released from previous owner's BIS account
    02-29-12 08:30 PM
    I see...I guess it's because we have never not had a data connection that I've never seen that before during a BB setup...
    02-29-12 08:39 PM
    Now that I think about it and read Phill_UK's posts... It does make sense. That would be a good starting point then follow what FBA posted.

Blacked out on my Crackberry using telepathy and Tapatalk
    02-29-12 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD