I cannot find a correct answer while searching here. If I get 9900, can I use Bell LTE SIM if the phone is unlocked? Not talking about 4G speed here.
    08-29-12 08:18 PM
    Sure, not a problem. Have a Rogers LTE micro-SIM in mine... (using an adapter). Obviously won't get LTE speeds, phone's limited to "H+" ... you can use any SIM card in the phone - those just give you access to the network, although some of the newer SIM cards allow you to store more info (contacts) than prior versions.
    Last edited by kolok; 08-29-12 at 08:25 PM.
    khkhan likes this.
    08-29-12 08:23 PM
    Thanks for the reply... that means 9900 is not LTE enabled only 4G....
    08-29-12 08:30 PM
    It's not even 4G. Bell and others use the term very loosely. It's a marketing gimmick to distinguish HSPA+ (or 3.5G) from HSPA (3G). All that sounds too confusing to consumers, so many providers just market HSPA+ phones as "4G".

http://support.bell.ca/Mobility/Smar...A_or_HSPA_plus

The real 4G is actually LTE. I don't want to confuse you with jargon, but simply put, since there were no real standards set regarding HSPA+ (or evolved HSPA) many providers jumped on the opportunity to market such devices as 4G - this, in turn, causes a lot of confusion...

All phones marketed as "4G" are actually HSPA+. Smartphones that are specifically referred to as "4G LTE" are truly LTE-capable units.

Still makes no difference whether you use a "regular" SIM card or an LTE SIM card in the Bold 9900.
    Last edited by kolok; 08-29-12 at 08:48 PM.
    08-29-12 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD